X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
    my biggest gripe was Mamoa. he is just completely wrong for the role imo. he's too brawny, rough around the edges. I also never saw duncan as a cool uncle type character. imo he should be a cross between james bond and a military officer. a ladies man assassin who's all about protocol and graceful in manner. mamoa... no. with the cast they assembled he would've made a better stilgar and let brolin play duncan.
    also the use of voice, while better than previous attempts imo, I never saw it as so overt. I always pictured it as more subtle and less demonic but that's my interpretation.
    agreed. i have never read the books, but he just did not fit with the rest of the characters, IMHO. the beer guzzling, brawler Momoa did not fit in the Dune universe

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I read the books. And I didn’t have a problem with Momoa’s take of Duncan Idaho. I always welcome something new and fresh. Why beat the same old rum every time?

What I have a problem is with these clueless millennials making fun of the name of Duncan Idaho…

I don’t recall any other generation making fun of the name. Unreal younger people these days.
      Last edited by Hector; Oct 26, '21, 1:16 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Part two is officially confirmed.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• toyhunter1970
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 24, 2020

just saw it I really dont how to feel about this version I did not love it but also did not hate it I did not think Hornetroid when I saw the ships since I was never big into Micronauts I was thinking so thats what a live action Sectaurs film would be like?
          Last edited by toyhunter1970; Nov 21, '21, 9:19 PM.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Reports are out saying Christopher Walken has been cast as the Emperor for Dune Pt. 2.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎