Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dune trailer drops

Images
    It was cool to see live action Hornetroids.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    One thing I absolutely loved were the Ornithopters.
    I call those Dune Buggies.. emphasis on the bug

Quote Originally Posted by pmwasson View Post
    It was cool to see live action Hornetroids.
    Agreed! That came to mind as well!

Images
    I loved it!
    parts actually gave me chills! I was in fanboy heaven.
    some minor gripes but overall I really enjoyed it, I hope the 2nd part gets made and the director gets to make "messiah" as well.

************spoiler***************

my biggest gripe was Mamoa. he is just completely wrong for the role imo. he's too brawny, rough around the edges. I also never saw duncan as a cool uncle type character. imo he should be a cross between james bond and a military officer. a ladies man assassin who's all about protocol and graceful in manner. mamoa... no. with the cast they assembled he would've made a better stilgar and let brolin play duncan.
    also the use of voice, while better than previous attempts imo, I never saw it as so overt. I always pictured it as more subtle and less demonic but that's my interpretation.

Images
    Watched it today, couldn't get anyone else to watch it with me sadly, so it was at home. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

I'm a Dune fan, saw the original in the theater, and have seen it way too many times to admit. I've read the books. Did the audiobook of book 1 just a few months ago as a refresher.

I liked this version, shot beautifully. I liked the actors, but a few of them were just a little distracting to me because of who they are. I felt like I kept comparing it to the the original movie, and the book a lot, and expected that so that's not fair to judge on. It seems a little disjointed to me on a few of the storyarcs, not enough explanations I guess and they aren't taking their time. The time on Caladan seemed rushed and some additional backstory is missed. Same goes for Liet Kynes and Dr. Yueh and even Thufir. Just a little rushed...

Lots of cool imagery, and overall done very very well. I do think they should have been able to shoot the second half at the same time. Not being able to do that was unfortunate for the show runners, crew and the fans, but I'm certain they will be able to finish it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by C.H.O.A.M. View Post
    my biggest gripe was Mamoa. he is just completely wrong for the role imo. he's too brawny, rough around the edges. I also never saw duncan as a cool uncle type character. imo he should be a cross between james bond and a military officer. a ladies man assassin who's all about protocol and graceful in manner. mamoa... no. with the cast they assembled he would've made a better stilgar and let brolin play duncan.
    also the use of voice, while better than previous attempts imo, I never saw it as so overt. I always pictured it as more subtle and less demonic but that's my interpretation.
    agreed. i have never read the books, but he just did not fit with the rest of the characters, IMHO. the beer guzzling, brawler Momoa did not fit in the Dune universe

I read the books. And I didn’t have a problem with Momoa’s take of Duncan Idaho. I always welcome something new and fresh. Why beat the same old rum every time?

What I have a problem is with these clueless millennials making fun of the name of Duncan Idaho…

https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...dia-reactions/

I don’t recall any other generation making fun of the name. Unreal younger people these days.
    Last edited by Hector; Oct 26, '21 at 1:16 PM.

Images
    Part two is officially confirmed.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/d...el-1235094974/
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_T7BhcH-_Lqw/Rph52zHLjQI/AAAAAAAAAWY/IRQJUp3saOs/s200/Hulk.jpg

Looking for one Comic Action Heroes "Mego Comic Activator" (working or non-working).

just saw it I really dont how to feel about this version I did not love it but also did not hate it I did not think Hornetroid when I saw the ships since I was never big into Micronauts I was thinking so thats what a live action Sectaurs film would be like?
    Last edited by toyhunter1970; Nov 21, '21 at 9:19 PM.