X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Top Ten 1980s Peg Warmers

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]This is our follow up to our 70s peg warmers list. The 1980s were an incredible time for action figures, an era we'll never see again but like anything, some items didn't really sell. Let's count down some toys that hung around.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]This list is meant in jest and not to be taken seriously. Tell me what i missed in the comments. BUY TOY-VENTURES MAGAZINE ISSUE ONE HERE: [/COLOR]

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Pretty good list. The only one I would disagree with is Bob the Goon. Batman was sold out after the movie hit , but they quickly made way too many. I dont remember seeing Bob from 1991 onward.
    Last edited by Mr.Marion; Sep 4, '20, 6:15 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

One of your best videos yet. Great list, and great presentation as well. Loved it!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

I think this was written one of your best written videos. You really embraced the bad jokes, making them funny! Why is Isaac upset? He gets tons of work these in Toy Ventures videos.

I was surprised you didn't splice in a clip from the Lion King when talking about Darkseid or call this one "1980's Leg Warmers... uhr, um... I mean Peg Warmers."

I'll leave the jokes to the professionals... or the guy who doesn't get paid for this but does it way bettter at it
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          One of your best videos yet. Great list, and great presentation as well. Loved it!

Chris
          Really appreciate that sir.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
            I think this was written one of your best written videos. You really embraced the bad jokes, making them funny! Why is Isaac upset? He gets tons of work these in Toy Ventures videos.

I was surprised you didn't splice in a clip from the Lion King when talking about Darkseid or call this one "1980's Leg Warmers... uhr, um... I mean Peg Warmers."

:
            Aw jeez, where were you in the writing room?

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

F.L.U.F.F.I. wasn't the only peg warmer from Bionic Six. I remember seeing all of the figures just sitting on the pegs at places like Family Dollar. Baron Zemo was another peg warmer from Secret Wars. So was Wolverine. Saw him sitting in JC Penney's for what seemed like forever.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                Career Member
                • Mar 25, 2020

Truly enjoyed that video. I was an Asst. Manager for Kaybee Toys in the early 90s. We had nearly all of those in the clearance isle during my 2 year employment. I have no memory of selling a single one.
                Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                  F.L.U.F.F.I. wasn't the only peg warmer from Bionic Six. I remember seeing all of the figures just sitting on the pegs at places like Family Dollar. Baron Zemo was another peg warmer from Secret Wars. So was Wolverine. Saw him sitting in JC Penney's for what seemed like forever.
                  Yeah there were other characters from all the lines but FLUFFI and especially Kang really stuck out.

It's weird to think of a time when Wolverine was not popular.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by ToyTalk
                    Truly enjoyed that video. I was an Asst. Manager for Kaybee Toys in the early 90s. We had nearly all of those in the clearance isle during my 2 year employment. I have no memory of selling a single one.
                    Ha! Yeah, when i was in college there was a TRU across the street, this was '92, it had a wall of MOTU and other 80s stuff that people pay big bucks for.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Kang is definitely the king of peg warmers. I also don't doubt SP Darkseid was still on the pegs when the Total Justice figure came out.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• msenger76
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 3, 2009

1988 Kenner Starting lineup basketball Danny Manning and baseball Mike Scott....still hanging on pegs in the early 2000's

I only ever saw Bob the Goon one time. bought him and he was broken right away. his leg wouldn't stay locked to stand and he was always in the kicked position. my mom returned him and i never got a replacement

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

I can agree with the Cobra-La figures being a peg warmer. I remember one store went out of business and still no one would touch them.

Comment

• msenger76
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 3, 2009

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                            I can agree with the Cobra-La figures being a peg warmer. I remember one store went out of business and still no one would touch them.
                            sadly though, i've recently been considering buying a set of Cobra-la and Slaughter's Marauders. but for being such horrible peg warmers they are too dang expensive

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                              Permanent Member
                              • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by msenger76
                              sadly though, i've recently been considering buying a set of Cobra-la and Slaughter's Marauders. but for being such horrible peg warmers they are too dang expensive
                              Around $300 now. I bought another carded pegwarmer mentioned Darkseid for around $45 earlier this year.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎