X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Mego expanding Walmart presence announcement on FB

Just saw Joel post this on the Ambassadors' page...

Mego news... Ambassadors, you heard it here first! We have been hard at work with Walmart to expand our distribution of Mego products and I am very excited to announce that Walmart is increasing our presence from 600 stores to well over 2,000 stores, where our Mego’s will be prominently displayed in their new “Entertainment Section”.
    Look for products to hit Walmart store shelves around the first week in October, with a combination of some wave 8 as well as a few first to launch opportunities, including Universal’s Creature from the Black Lagoon, Chucky and Saru from Star Trek Discovery.
    As ambassadors, let’s get out to the stores and report back to each other when you see them, where you see them, which characters you find and of course, if you’re there, help straighten the shelves to make sure they are well displayed!
    I’d like to shout out a huge “THANK YOU” to all of you for your help in building the success of the Mego brand!

Excellent news! Looking forward to seeing the new figures. Our local Walmart was one that already carried Megos, but I am glad to see more Walmarts carrying them.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Oh I'm so glad that's finally out there.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

There is a Walmart near me that wasn't carrying Megoss before, so this is exciting.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ToyTalk
        Career Member
        • Mar 25, 2020

Originally posted by pmwasson
        There is a Walmart near me that wasn't carrying Megoss before, so this is exciting.
        Same here. Now I may have a reason to go to Wal-Mart
        Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Cool news. Our local was not one of the original stores carrying them, so it will be interesting to see if they show up here now.

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

My local Walmart was suppose to have them last time but never did. Another store in the general area seemed to only receive two cases at the most. I like the idea of going to Walmart and buying MEGO figures but it’s difficult to be optimistic.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎