Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was Your Favorite Thing To Buy To Go Back To School?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by mike69
    New school clothes. I remember getting a Fonzie, Marvel, Battlestar Galactica, and Star Wars T-shirts and hoodie all in the same year.
    I remember getting a dark green (Garanimals?) twill jacket with metal buttons that I wore for three years (3-4-5 grades) until I outgrew it. Gad I loved that thing, it made me feel like an Adventurer.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I remember getting a dark green (Garanimals?)
      A friend of mine still insists we should have Garanimals for adults.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Red Hulk
        Career Member
        • Dec 19, 2012

Did any one here get a school box for pencils and stuff?I usually got cloths and sneakers and a lunch box was always a given till it high.

Comment

• msenger76
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 3, 2009

went weeks looking at different stores trying to decide which folders to get! so many licensed folders and only allowed to get a couple. you had to choose wisely.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

I hated school. The end of summer vacation was like Bizarro Christmas Eve.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• B-Lister
              Eccentric Weirdo
              • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by Brown Bear
              I hated school. The end of summer vacation was like Bizarro Christmas Eve.
              Preach! Summer is life. Even as an adult, The beginning of Summer feels like limitless possibility. After the fourth of July tho, it starts winding down, and when the school supplies hit Walmart, you know the party's over. The only bright spot is the coming of Halloween. After that, it's garbage weather until the first hints of Spring.
              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 12, 2016

Probably new sneakers...Alot of the other kids already had the leather nike and adidas long before I did...so when I finally got my first pair, at one of the A & N stores, it was very cool...
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎