Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What offbeat thing are you finding to use in making customs?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Dollar Tree sells a coconut hair treatment I use on my beard and the lids look great as spare tire covers for the FTC vans.
    20211104_203259.jpg

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

It's been years since I've done this, but the weirdest thing I used for any custom was a gumball machine Marvel thumb wrestler. I took a Captain America (appropriate) and cut it down to make the Guardian's helmet. Custom shield made by the master Paul Wasson, aka Laser Mego.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

One of the more recent female Megos (Charmed Phoebe?) came with slide on black shoes that are really thin... these work great if a shoe is too large where you can slide the large shoe over the smaller shoe to keep them in place. I used this technique with Poison Ivy since her shoes kept falling off.

Comment

• Spyweb007
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 18, 2006

Strangest thing I've used in the past is clear Shrinky Dink film for inkjet printers. I printed stormtrooper guns on it at 3 times the size I need and after they shrink they are thick enough to fit in a mego hand with photographic detail, but flat. Not perfect but better than nothing.

Comment

• bobws
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 13, 2008

I need to get a furry teddy bear, i just had an idea for a Doctor Who custom....an abominable Snowman aka Yeti! Of course i'll have to make a Second Doctor , Jamie and Victoria figures to complete the set'
            "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• ddgaff1132
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 3, 2007

Funny thing I'll grab are vending machine charms. If I find a machine with charms I like, small guns, or cool items. I could through several dollars in quarters into these machines. Too bad many of the weapon related bubble gum machines have gone out of favor. Sign o the times.
              Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎