Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melstapler
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 2, 2014

John Wick Mezco 1:12 figure by Mezco Toyz with likeness of actor Keanu Reeves

This past week, I received the John Wick figure released as an "exclusive" Deluxe Edition through the Mezco Toyz Mezco 1:12 line. The initial product photos had been circulating for sometime, but I believe it was well worth the wait. The John Wick films are a blast, so I knew this purchase would be a must. Some frequent buyers of the Mezco 1:12 line have been critical of the base body used for the Spock/Star Trek/Alex DeLarge and Joker figures and I try to see both sides of the argument. This body type probably makes it possible for the company to utilize some of the existing tooling from previous figures, while providing some consistency for the non-superheroes and less-muscular characters.

Despite the lack of double-jointed elbows you would find on the bodies of Mezco's Batman figures, you can attain some reasonably decent poses with John Wick after loosening the joints, either by leaving the figure in your hot car for an hour or heating it with a hairdryer. Although this type of Mezco body feels delicate at times, my biggest complaint about these bodies is when movement is hindered by the soft goods. In this case, I think the John Wick figure falls somewhere in the middle. Although you can still get a variety of poses, the clothing (especially the suit coat) feels as though it could tear at the seams if it were under enough stress. I plan on leaving off the suit coat and replacing it with a trench coat for displaying purposes.

Although this figure is intended to represent John Wick from the second film, I consider it to be representative of Wick in all of the films. In addition to including Wick's dog, you also get two head sculpts of Wick, one which is battle-damaged with his hair down and a sophisticated-looking pre-fight version where his hair is combed back. The "Deluxe Edition" aspect of this figure is probably the large arsenal of weapons and accessories included with the figure. The included trunk and gold coins are a very neat bonus.

John Wick figure includes:

One:12 Collective body with over 28 points of articulation
    Two (2) head portraits
    Hand painted authentic detailing
    Approximately 17cm tall
    Ten (10) interchangeable hands
    One (1) pair of fists (L&R)
    One (1) pair of gun holding hands (L&R)
    One (1) pair of posing hands (L&R)
    One (1) karate chop hand (L)
    One (1) palm strike hand (R)
    One (1) knife holding hand (R)
    One (1) gun barrel holding hand (L)
    Tailored 3-piece suit
    Tie
    Wrist watch
    Dress belt
    Dress shoes
    One (1) dual-layer trunk for gun storage
    Four (4) blast SFX
    Four (4) grenades (fits in trunk)
    Two (2) handguns with extended barrel
    Two (2) subcompact handguns (fits in trunk)
    Two (2) semi-automatic handguns (fits in trunk)
    One (1) shotgun (fits in trunk)
    One (1) machine gun with two (2) removable magazines & double ammo clip holder (fits in trunk)
    One (1) 12-gauge pump action shotgun (fits in trunk)
    One (1) knife
    Twelve (12) stacks of gold coins (fits in trunk)
    One (1) dog in dynamic, static pose
    One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
    One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post
  • melstapler
    Museum Super Collector
    • Aug 2, 2014

Update: Due to the restrictive nature of the suit included with the figure, I asked the wife to sew an entirely new black suit using a more flexible material we found at the fabric store. The results are much better, the new custom suit is tailored and having the option for greater movement makes it even more realistic. Regardless of minor issues such as the elbows, don't be quick to write-off the body used for Wick and don't be ashamed to experiment with custom outfits.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎