Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YoungOnce
    Career Member
    • Aug 29, 2007

Wow... talk about from out of the blue... It felt like his run in the Marvel movie universe was just getting started... I looked for him and Captain Marvel to kind of head up the next wave.

Prayers and peace to the family.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Just terrible news. I feel so sorry for his friends and family.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Shocking and terrible. He was so young and in seemingly great shape. What a loss.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
          That was my thinking too, or if someone did it wasn't until later on. Do not put it past doctors to push off preventive care. I've been through that.
          Same here.

Also, his stage 3 diagnosis was at 39...his malignant polyps started before that...he was probably walking around with tumors in his mid 30s or so...without experiencing any signs whatsoever.

Very sad.
          sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

This one hurts.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Brazoo
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 14, 2009

Unbelievably heartbreaking. My 4 year old idolizes him. It was a tough talk.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

it is tragic. I don't think I would even tell my children if they were still little. they can still enjoy the movies with him and if they recast and the kids ask, you can always explain it then

I give him a lot of credit for keeping it so private. it's no one else's business

Comment

• Brazoo
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  it is tragic. I don't think I would even tell my children if they were still little. they can still enjoy the movies with him and if they recast and the kids ask, you can always explain it then
                  I get that. It probably depends a bit on the kid and the situation you're in.

We told my son that morning for a few reasons. The main reason was that I knew one of the older kids he talks to regularly (either his cousin or a couple of the kids he plays with on our block) was going to tell him Black Panther died. When he was 3 older kids kept telling him Spider-Man died because of the Avengers movie - so I knew that was going to happen again. I wanted him to hear it from us instead of some random kid.

As it happens he's been very curious about death lately. He was getting a lot of different ideas about death from movies and TV so he's been asking a lot of questions and been having conversations about this already.

Honestly, he was shocked and sad for a moment but he probably handled it better than me and my wife. A couple of days later he re-watched the movie with his older cousin and he told me she was crying - and we talked about why it was sad. He still runs around jumping off furniture yelling "Wakanda Forever" so I think he's dealing with it okay.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

i totally get that in in your circumstance I would have done the same. I agree it is better to hear it from parents than from other kids. we were always honest with our kids whenever something terrible happened in the world for the same reason. we wanted them to have the facts(not the gruesome details) from us so they didn't get scared by something someone else told them

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎