Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

More Rumors Of Keaton Returning To Batman, In A Way Some Here Have Suggested

Not sure about the source, but this says Keaton is in talks to return to the Bruce Wayne role but in a Batman Beyond Movie. It also says Johnny Depp is being looked at for the Joker. I know he'd be a controversial casting, but I like the idea. Chris had mentioned the idea of Keaton in a Batman Beyond Bruce Wayne role before. Martin had also mentioned the potential given the multiverse rumors flying about. Maybe you both can claim the Nostradamus title

Buzz appears to be growing at AT&T and WarnerMedia surrounding Michael Keaton and Batman Beyond as a new rumor details that the Joker could be the villain of a Batman Beyond film with Tim Burton returning to helm it.
    Last edited by Wee67; Aug 27, '20, 2:24 PM.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

I think something happened with The Batman. Pattinson seemed to lose interest in the role during the pandemic, then all the Keaton/Bale/Affleck talk started. I don't know which came first, but they're connected.

I'm convinced ATT doesn't have much confidence in Reeve's approach. It's probably too minimalist from their view. You also have the move by the one remaining guy, Hamada, whose trying to curtail Abrams control over DC. That's the thing most talk don't put together; Reeves was a Bad Robot guy so he's in JJ's camp, and that guy wants to take creative control.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

They're confirming Keaton will be in a Batman Beyond series on HBO Max.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
        They're confirming Keaton will be in a Batman Beyond series on HBO Max.
        I'd love for him to take over as Bruce Wayne on the Titans show too.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
          that would have been brilliant casting

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
            It took me multiple eps to figure out why the hell that cast that guy, and then had him portray Wayne that way. Then I saw it in one shot: He looks like Adam West. A hard, jaded Adam West. A real good actor, but horribly miscast.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^I honestly haven't sat down and really watched Titans, but my son (who is a fan) came to me and said "Dad, their Batman is supposed to be Adam West!". It's an odd direction to go considering how dark and, in my opinion, unnecesarily foul-mouthed that show is.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                ^I honestly haven't sat down and really watched Titans, but my son (who is a fan) came to me and said "Dad, their Batman is supposed to be Adam West!". It's an odd direction to go considering how dark and, in my opinion, unnecesarily foul-mouthed that show is.

Chris
                Yeah, I can see Jason Todd with the potty mouth but a lot of the rest is a little much.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I think if I set all that aside, and sit down and watch it, I will enjoy it. But it annoys me that the creators had to "foul it up" because they thought making it "edgy" equalled cool or mature. To me, it's often more IMmature that way.

It's kept me from watching it, just because I resent people taking properties in directions they have no business going, and out of the original intended demographic of that property.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

I can't explain why but i liked Titans, on paper I shouldn't have but it just sort of worked for me.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

i really like Titans too. in fact i am going to have my wife watch it with me as I think she will like it too

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎