• Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

i'm looking forward to it, even if only to see what he puts together

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Leto doing reshoots as the Joker is even more mind-boggling than anything else. I thought his portrayal was universally panned by just about everyone. I just can't fathom WB sinking all this money into this thing. At this point, these aren't reshoots...he's literally making another movie and adding it to existing footage. It's a great gig for him, but seems incredibly reckless for WB.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I liked his performance but not so much his look. He's a good actor and I think much of the critique was people who couldn't get past the design choices, which I admit, were weird. Also Suicide Squad was a hellscape of bad editing, he really only has about 3 scenes of any weight.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Leto doing reshoots as the Joker is even more mind-boggling than anything else. I thought his portrayal was universally panned by just about everyone. I just can't fathom WB sinking all this money into this thing. At this point, these aren't reshoots...he's literally making another movie and adding it to existing footage. It's a great gig for him, but seems incredibly reckless for WB.

Chris
          I think that will be the lasting legacy of this movie. This goes beyond a director's cut, or even what Lucas has done with the Star Wars movies... this is really a novel approach that I think will become commonplace within the next 10 years. It will be more like how the video game industry works. Version 1.0 is "buggy", but you get real world feedback and keep working on it until it works.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
            Bay support was vindicated with Transformers.
            Bay's Transformers movies are terrible and audiences eventually did get sick of the spectacle and they had to reboot with Bumblebee.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

the director of Suicide Squad has been talking about the fact that the version of the movie that came out was very different from his take. maybe he is phishing for a directors cut as well. that might actually make sense if they are bringing Leto back as Joker. maybe the SS directors cut had a better take on Jokers role overall. I didn't care for his look in the movie but I did not think Leto did a bad job of it

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

My problem with Leto as the Joker are his tattoos.

The character of the Joker doesn’t need to remind himself that he’s mad crazy, he already is. He doesn’t need imagery to tell himself that. Leto is full of tats that reeks of self-aware pretentiousness, telling the entire world, hey look, I’m so crazy. I have HAHAHAHAHAHA tats that say so...as well as self-jester skull images. Hey, guys, I stabbed a bat! I also arrow-pierced a bird! Batman and Robin! I’m so cool!

Yes, he’s a very good actor, but that’s my problem with his Joker.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mego Milk
                    Custom Mego Maker
                    • Jun 3, 2007

I hope he does something cool.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Leto's Joker got a little more screen time in the extended cut of Suicide Squad.

Overall, I would say his portrayal of the character was just one more in a succession of only partially successful movie Joker interpretations over the decades.
                      Not the best, but not the worst, either.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                        Leto's Joker.
                        Not the best, but not the worst, either.
                        Mark Hamill
                        Heath Ledger
                        Cesar Romero
                        Jack Nicholson
                        Cameron Monaghan
                        Andrew Koenig

All better than Jared Leto.

Having said that, I’m not against Leto, he’s a damn good actor, but took issue with his tattoos for the most part...but...overall...

...I just didn’t like his gangsta hood take on the Joker. He reminds more of Gary Oldman’s character Drexl in True Romance than the Joker.
                        Last edited by Hector; Oct 24, '20, 8:36 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Joaquin Phoenix was better than Leto too. I wish Hamill would get a shot at live action. His Trickster appearance on the Flash showed he could do it.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            Joaquin Phoenix was better than Leto too. I wish Hamill would get a shot at live action. His Trickster appearance on the Flash showed he could do it.
                            I forgot Phoenix!!!!! Yes, definitely miles better than Leto as well...
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎