HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Darkseid!
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Godzilla
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 3, 2002

It's seem there's an audience for this, but it's not me.
      Mortui Vivos Docent
      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I think it looks great. looking forward to checking it out. how do you get HBO max though? I cannot find the app in my blu ray players, fire stick or even the playstation store

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

A few years ago, I remember there being a piece suggesting a moratorium on the use of "Hallelujah" in films and trailers. That was after the scene in Snyder's Watchmen. It definitely is odd here. I'll eventually check this out, but I hope the soundtrack is different.
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

I had no desire to see this, but after watching the panel and seeing the trailer, I am looking forward to seeing it now. Especially since I wasn't thrilled with the original release. It will be interesting, in the very least.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Falstaff13
              A few years ago, I remember there being a piece suggesting a moratorium on the use of "Hallelujah" in films and trailers. That was after the scene in Snyder's Watchmen. It definitely is odd here. I'll eventually check this out, but I hope the soundtrack is different.
              If there is ever a song that needs to be retired, it is 'Hallelujah'. It was a great song before every movie (including Snyder's Watchmen) played it into the ground.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                The Man of Many Voices
                • Aug 30, 2005

I liked it. I must admit, Darkseid was odd looking. I was disappointed that most of the audio was that Halleluyah song. But I hope there will be a DVD/or BluRay release. But I am looking forward to seeing this version. From YouTube, the reactions look more positive than the Joss Whedon theatrical release.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Aw. The Rock lied. He said "Ryan Reynolds is playing Hawkman in Black Adam,he's playing Green Lantern in The Snyder Cut and he's Kevin Hart's father."

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

This definitely looks better, but I feel like there would need to be HOURS AND HOURS of cut footage to save that film. It really needed to be done over at least 2 films to build these versions of the characters and their motives for coming together. Especially Cyborg and Aquaman who each seemed to arbitrarily flip about the JL.

But of course, I'll still watch this if I get access.
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Snyder says it will be four hours. One hour each episode.

I don't think I can take four hours of Snyder at this point. I just don't care of his take on these characters, overall. I know others love them, and that's fine. I just don't care for it. The parts I liked about the previous version of JL, half-baked as they were, were probably mostly Whedon's.

This doesn't look bad...it just looks like a Zack Snyder movie, as you'd expect. And that has very little interest for me at this point.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I have little doubt that the good character bits are Whedon. This will all be eye candy without them.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          I know others love them, and that's fine. I just don't care for it.

Chris
                          Thing is, people really don't. It's like the "I love Michael Bay" moment from 20(!) years ago. They're commercial artists, literally, guys who started off doing slick car commercials, so their skills and polish is undeniable. That commercial bg also gives them instincts of how to create appeal. Stick them with the perfect superficial material (Bay/The Rock, Snyder/300), and it's mega-hit time. But that ends up leading them to think they're auteurs. So they move onto projects bigger than them, and it becomes an epic spectacle of sound and fury. For Bay, it was Pearl Harbor. For Snyder, it was Watchmen.

What causes the "they're awesome" groupies is how over the top critical the detractors become. In both cases, it wasn't just these guys made movies that were jaw-dropping trainwrecks, it became about them as people. Bay is a big military proponent and pretty openly right of center politically. Snyder is a quiet Ayn Randian. They've both been personally trashed by writers in the guise of reviews.

Eventually, it leads to contrarian pushback. Bay support was vindicated with Transformers. Snyder now with JL. It becomes cool to openly support the bombast.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

Now they are saying Jared Leto is in it as the Joker.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

When this gets released onto HBO Max I will then get HBO Max just to see what all the hoopla is about...he's other DC Movies were so crammed full of DC Easter eggs it hurt the story.
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎