X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

DC Fandome

I joked that they should rename DC "Batman Family Presents The DCU", but that was absurd.

Flash has two Batmen. Titans S3 is in Gotham with Batgirl, Red Hood and Scarecrow. Snyder JL for HBO. The Batman. Gotham PD for HBO. Gotham Knights game. Another animated movie.

I love the multiverse but this feels like overkill
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

in the comics end of it they are cancelling most non Bat/Super titles
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Oh yeah. The saturation point is so heavy, Adam West is trending on Twitter because you can't have multiple iterations of Bat-gloom at the same time.

They are literally covering every point possible.

The Batman Year Two
      Death In The Family
      TDKR Batman w/Affleck
      Batman 89
      Death of Batman
      Gotham Knights

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

I was planning on watching some of the DC Fandome panels, but ended up watching almost all of it (I am watching a few I missed yesterday right now.). I think they did a really good job with it. There are some things I have been looking forward to (Titans Season 3), but there are some things that I had middling to mild feelings about that I am now looking forward to, like The Batman and The Flash Season 6.

And I was able to snag some DC Merchandise with Black Lightning on it... WHOO HOO!!!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

because Batman is their cash cow. they have not had enough success with anything else. let's face it, we have said it for years, but the powers that be over there just don't know what to do with their vast catalog of characters. even the main characters, other than Batman. they just don't get it

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            because Batman is their cash cow. they have not had enough success with anything else. let's face it, we have said it for years, but the powers that be over there just don't know what to do with their vast catalog of characters. even the main characters, other than Batman. they just don't get it
            DC Comics has been trying to compete with Marvel for so long... and when I say compete, it's more like, Marvel is doing it, so we need to do it too. And some things have worked, like the DC Classics toy line from Mattel, or the DC Arrowverse (I personally enjoyed DCTV more than the Marvel TV offerings). Other things have not done so well, like the movies. With what I've seen of Marvel lately (and it's not much; I don't keep up very much anymore), maybe DC doesn't play follower quite as much right now, but I think DC Comics needs to be comfortable in being themselves, instead of trying to see what Marvel is having success with and trying to follow suit.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎