X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
    I think had it just been the two of them, the beating wouldn't have been as severe; but as Hector mentioned, he was facing a gang and had to show them what would happen if they chose to test him.
    Exactly.

Batman doing that to just one or two thugs facing him, yes, beating was extreme.

But he’s facing an entire football team. He needed to place that biblical rapture fear on them. That’s one helluva and effective way of “taming” such a large aggressive group.
    sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Batman pummels him because it's supposed to show his inexperience. Wayne's letting his emotions and the need to vent rage take over. That's why you see one of the clown-punks holding a phone recording/streaming the beating. Most likely, it creates a bad public image as some sociopath which leads to the scene at the police station and the battalion of cops trying to take him down. I'd bet the clown-punk encounter is initiated by Riddler or whoever is the real bad guy.
      Last edited by hedrap; Aug 27, '20, 8:49 AM.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Great analysis! ^^^^^^^^^^^

sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by earth 2 chris
          ^at this point, i honestly wish both dkr and watchmen were never published. It's no fault of those works, but other creators, be it in comics, tv or film, just can't get past these one-off interpretations, which were meant to be the exception, not the rule.

Chris
          me too!

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
            me too!
            Me three.

I liked the trailer OK. Will see it for sure, just because it's Batman. I don't like the weird duct-taped up Riddler. Seems very bizarre.
            I always thought Jim Parsons would make an excellent Riddler.
            I think the character should be played by someone whose physical appearance is totally non-threatening.
            A person you would just dismiss completely and not realize the full extent of his intelligence and cunning until it was too late.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              ^At this point, I honestly wish both DKR and Watchmen were never published.
              Add the Killing Joke to that list. They've damaged the super hero genre. I think beyond repair at this point.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                Add the Killing Joke to that list. They've damaged the super hero genre. I think beyond repair at this point.
                I'm with you on the Killing Joke, even Moore was frustrated that it was made Canon.

Watchmen, however, didn't subvert any known characters, it made it's own and thus they're cut differently to me. I blame DC for trying to continually exploit the characters more than the book itself, it was supposed to be a one and done.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

I was studying the cuts and beats of the trailer and noticed this. It's an owl's eye with a reflection of Batman.

Screenshot_2020-08-27 The Batman - DC FanDome Teaser - YouTube.jpg

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                    valar morghulis
                    • Mar 8, 2005

Production is delayed, Pattinson has Covid-19..

Comment

• RobinFTWNightwingFTL
                      • May 12, 2020

theres no robin1!?!?!?! Aaugh!!!!!!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

release date pushed back to march 4 2022. Rumors floating that Pattinson is being difficult and may end up jeopardizing the whole franchise. Ohh and he faked Covid too.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Spyweb007
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 18, 2006

I don't think Pattison's career will recover if he de-rails such a high profile production by being difficult. They are also reporting that production stopped so he could get into shape but he has refused to work out for the role, not sure how much is true.
                          Last edited by Spyweb007; Oct 14, '20, 4:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Spyweb007
                            I don't think Pattison's career will recover if he de-rails such a high profile production by being difficult. They are also reporting that production stopped so he could get into shape but he has refused to work out for the role, not sure how much is true.
                            and that is being difficult. He knew what he was getting into, its Batman, not doughy man. If true, the covid cover story to buy time for Pattinson to do his job is despicable.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Pattinson has shined as an Indy actor, he’s not worried about any derailments at all.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎