Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

I liked the trailer and Batman's "I am vengenace!' line and the beat down of that punk. But other than that, I did not recognize Commissioner Gordon or any of the villains. But it still looks intriguing.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
      The Man of Many Voices
      • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      Would love to see a period piece in the 40s.
      What he said! Especially a 40's time piece with Batman and the original Robin in it.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

hmmm - nirvana, eh

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

What Batman did to that thug was not murder (the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another )...it was self defense justifiable homicide (the killing of a person in circumstances which allow the act to be regarded in law as without criminal guilt). Learn how to differentiate your killings...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by rche
            hmmm - nirvana, eh
            That’s just music used only for the trailer...just like in the first Woman Woman 1984 trailer (Blue Monday music). Those songs are never in the actual movie.
            sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Hector, are you being paid by WB to defend every choice of a movie you haven't seen?

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
                I did not recognize Commissioner Gordon
                You didn't recognize the mustache? I was actually excited to see Jeffrey Wright in the role. He's an excellent actor. I think he'll bring the calm strength that Gordon has the same we he did to roles as varied as Bernard in Westworld to Narcisse in Boardwalk Empire.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Wee67
                  You didn't recognize the mustache? I was actually excited to see Jeffrey Wright in the role. He's an excellent actor. I think he'll bring the calm strength that Gordon has the same we he did to roles as varied as Bernard in Westworld to Narcisse in Boardwalk Empire.
                  I love Jeffrey Wright too, great actor. He’s going to be a great Gordon.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                    Hector, are you being paid by WB to defend every choice of a movie you haven't seen?

If it turns out crappy, I’ll definitely eat crow.

But I did love the trailer.

I don’t love all DCU movies. I hate the first Suicide Squad. I despise Birds of Prey. I thought Aquaman was highly overrated. And Shazam was a poorman’s Tom Hank’s BIG to me.

See?

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

What this trailer showed me. Penguin, mob boss. Catwoman, usual burglar. Riddler, serial killer
                      sigpic

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                        That’s just music used only for the trailer...just like in the first Woman Woman 1984 trailer (Blue Monday music). Those songs are never in the actual movie.
                        just not your typical choice for movie music - trailer or not. But, then again, neither was Leonard Cohen until a few years ago.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I love Batman pummeling that thug, he deserved it. He came at Batman with a bat (pardon the pun), awesome. He’s also facing a large gang. He has to scare the krap outta them. What is he supposed to do? Hug him? That scene got the best reaction on all those YouTube channel reaction videos, lol...
                          Showing me how the internet reacted is never going to change my opinion on something, at least for the better. I know who's on the internet, present group excluded.

I have no problem with the systematic takedown. It's the pause and extra pummeling that is unnecessary and brutal that I dislike. After Batfleck ran over thugs with his BatMoTank, I'm done with that kind of Batman.

But hopefully that was just the "WOW" scene like that, and he's less about maiming folks. We'll see.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

That scene bugged me too, it seemed like batman can take a guy down quicker than that.

However, I don't know the context, maybe that dude just mugged a family with children and this is a huge FTG moment.

My bigger concern about Batman movies is how much dreaded Frank Miller influence is involved, TDKR is an elseworlds story and it's not a defining feature of Batman. I know Miller was in Snyders ear and it's just, enough of Batman killing poor people with machine guns blazing, he's not Paul Kersey.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^At this point, I honestly wish both DKR and Watchmen were never published. It's no fault of those works, but other creators, be it in comics, TV or film, just can't get past these one-off interpretations, which were meant to be the exception, not the rule.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• J.B.
                                Guild Navigator
                                • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
                                I love Batman pummeling that thug, he deserved it. He came at Batman with a bat (pardon the pun), awesome. He’s also facing a large gang. He has to scare the krap outta them.
                                I think had it just been the two of them, the beating wouldn't have been as severe; but as Hector mentioned, he was facing a gang and had to show them what would happen if they chose to test him.
                                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎