Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I had no interest until I saw the trailer. I am now looking forward to the movie.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by hedrap
      Pattinson looks sooo much Terry McGinnis. Combine that with the multiverse talk and someone at WB has to be pushing for Keaton/Pattinson in the sequel.
      THAT would be fun! And a fresh angle. I'm a huge Batman fan, but there was nothing in this movie that got me excited. The beat down was pretty cool, but I can get that from a lot of movies. I can't believe I'm gonna say this- Is cinematic dark, gritty Batman played out? I know I will see this. Heck, I saw the last Harley Quinn movie in the theater. I hope I enjoy this as much as I enjoyed the Year One book.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Looks a dime a dozen. Nothing surprising here. No interest in today’s ugly dark DC movies
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• YoungOnce
          Career Member
          • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Wee67
          I can't believe I'm gonna say this- Is cinematic dark, gritty Batman played out?
          I was thinking the same thing. I know it’s all about grounding The Batman and placing him in a more “real” world, but this has been done to death here of late. Why not just go ahead and make it a black and white movie. Nothing in thIs movie’s palette would be lost, and you will have done something different.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by YoungOnce
            I was thinking the same thing. I know it’s all about grounding The Batman and placing him in a more “real” world, but this has been done to death here of late. Why not just go ahead and make it a black and white movie. Nothing in thIs movie’s palette would be lost, and you will have done something different.
            Would love to see a period piece in the 40s.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I would as well but that will never happen.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

A Gotham by Gaslight movie would be cool

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

I read some of the comments over on YouTube about the trailer. ugh. Some think it's not dark enough or gritty enough. Someone posted they want to see someone get shot and have the blood splatter all over. yeesh.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

And how awesome and boss is the music score? Instant classic...

sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Colin Farrell as the Penguin, from the trailer.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I liked it, but I have reservations. Primarily the beat down scene. When he knocks the guy down and then goes in for the more brutal pummelling...no. I'm tired of Batman the Brutalizer. If it was a one time only thing to make his rep, I can accept it. If he's out to maim people, no. And given what's going on in this country right now, that extra measure of brutality seems a bit wrong-headed, to me.

I wish it wasn't so dark. It makes the Nolan films look light by comparison. I don't want Adam West or Joel Schumacher, but I would like a little fun injected into a Batman film.

Again, I liked the other aspects of it, but I'm not 100% sold yet. I also agree on Pattinson's haircut.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

I love Batman pummeling that thug, he deserved it. He came at Batman with a bat (pardon the pun), awesome. He’s also facing a large gang. He has to scare the krap outta them. What is he supposed to do? Hug him? That scene got the best reaction on all those YouTube channel reaction videos, lol...

I like it dark...it looks like the movie Seven and The Crow had a baby, lol.

This is the first Batman live action that truly shows the detective side of Batman as well.

Me likes, me likes a lot...

Last edited by Hector; Aug 24, '20, 6:52 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
                            Museum Correspondent
                            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                            What is he supposed to do? Hug him?
                            There might be... if you look really, really hard... some room between ripping the jaw off his skull or crushing an orbital bone, exploding an eyeball and a hug. I understand how some might have an issue with the idea of repeatedly striking a man while he's already down and defenseless. That said, I did think it was pretty cool and it excised any Twilight out of RPats I might still hold.

Originally posted by Hector
                            This is the first Batman live action that truly shows the detective side of Batman as well.
                            That potential does look fun. After seeing this I was wondering which existing story line might make a great movie and I thought about The Long Halloween. An awesome mystery/
                            hero story.

*****SPOILER*****SPOILER*****SPOILER*****SPOILER** ***SPOILER*****SPOILER*****SPOILER*****SPOILER

I think I've figured out the riddle in the card- "What does a liar do when he's dead?"
                            -he's still, lying!

*****SPOILER*****SPOILER*****SPOILER*****SPOILER** ***SPOILER*****SPOILER*****SPOILER*****SPOILER
                            Last edited by Wee67; Aug 24, '20, 9:23 AM.
                            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

The unnecessary brutality reminds me of Batfleck how is that guy living a normal life after that? Broke his arm and then beAt his head to hamburger. Sorry but attempted murder is a line Batman shouldn’t cross.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                The unnecessary brutality reminds me of Batfleck how is that guy living a normal life after that? Broke his arm and then beAt his head to hamburger. Sorry but attempted murder is a line Batman shouldn’t cross.
                                Agreed. For me, it is the scene in Winter Soldier where Cap beats up all those cops coming for Bucky (who are just doing their jobs). In superhero movies, apparently as long as it isn't lethal, it doesn't really count.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎