X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Can someone kindly catch me up?

Ever since Coronavirus hit back in March, I have been working from home...crazy 12+ hour days plus weekends. Unfortunately my hobbies have been on hold. My wave 8 figs are on preorder from BBTS. Does anyone know when they will start shipping? Then I saw Mego Ultraman is coming out and just about peed my pants since it is at the tops for me. Is there a date on this and will it be carried exclusively or we can order from our normal online sites. Finally the big announcement of DC superheroes which will be a Meijer exclusive? Is there any word on whether they can be ordered on line since I don’t live in the part of the US where Meijer stores are located. Finally anything else that is coming out soon? Thanks in advance. I have been living under a rock for 6 months with just bits and pieces here and there
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

I'm not sure the Meijer is an "exclusive". Joel at Mego said Meijer would be "the first" to carry the 8" DC heroes. I don't know if that means they will or will not be sold through other stores or online sites.

From Joel on FB - "We can’t confirm yet if Meijer will be selling them online, but we expect them to be in their September set. We understand this is a limited retail area, and we are working hard to open up additional distribution to get these into your hands"
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Well, let's see: First, the Earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes-Benzes.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kept back
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 2, 2002

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
        Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by kept back
          Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
          Is there ever a right week?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

It seems unlikely that Meijers will sell these online. Although their retail locations are no different than Target or Walmart (better than both usually) they are not really in the online business the same way. They do sell a few toys online, but it tends to be random selection. So like, they might sell Mego, but you wouldn't know which Mego you'd be getting. And they don't sell all their toys online, so I wouldn't count on it. Lots of folks who have Meijers have offered to buy them and ship them to collectors, myself included.

Marty mentioned that Ultraman was just shipped off and would be arriving around now... But that was back on Ultraman day and he was kinda just saying stuff in that interview. I doubt we'll see Ultraman until October, maybe even the new year given all the other delays. Looks like Taro is coming as well. I'd be shocked if Seven wasn't the other figure. But regular Ultraman will be first.

A lot of Wave 7 is just now trickling back into the country, as half the wave got stuck when the pandemic started so I'd say Wave 8 will start hitting soon. But BBTS has been SUPER SLOW getting a lot of products this year even if they are showing up in retail (again likely because of the pandemic) so it may be late Fall before you get them from BBTS.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Wave 8 is starting to arrive at resellers so they will be getting into our hands soon. Lots of pics on FB

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

I got mine today. Only picked up The Fly, Mr. Hyde, Harold and The Exorcist figure. I like them all but The Fly is my favorite with Mr. Hyde coming in second. Regan looks really good, just not as much a favorite of mine and Harold is solid, but again I’m just not predisposed to liking him as much as Fly and Hyde. Overall they’re really nice. The Treks and Twilight Zone looked good as well. Just not interested in them, though I may change my mind on The TZ figure.

I collect loose but my brother was a little upset that almost all of the figures had a small crease or curve along the card near the top left side running horizontally. It seemed to be a flaw so I’m curious if others find this to be true or if he just got unlucky.

Comment

• Adam West
                  Museum CPA
                  • Apr 14, 2003

Thanks everyone...I appreciate it and will definitely be begging for Meijer DC figures!!
                  "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                  ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• MEMEGO
                    Career Member
                    • Sep 6, 2007

Where have you found wave 8?
                    Can anyone possibly hook me up for Mejir Megos?

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎