X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OCSuperman
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 4, 2014

FTC announcing new figures

Today FTC announced they will be making a new Aquaman ... YES!!! At first I was excited, but then I continued to read "The Silver Age Aquaman's release won't be for a little while."

So, another figure that won't show up for at least a year ... YAWN.

I just wish they would announce figures that were actually about to release ... thoughts?
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

It’s probably testing the waters a bit before they commit to manufacturing some of this stuff. Yeah it’s just a long wait from announcing to shipping. I would like to see more development pics. It might help sometimes with the design choices. For example Man bat on the hulk body made little sense. Maybe if they’d shown it earlier some feedback could have corrected it.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• OCSuperman
      Museum Patron
      • Sep 4, 2014

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      It’s probably testing the waters a bit before they commit to manufacturing some of this stuff. Yeah it’s just a long wait from announcing to shipping. I would like to see more development pics. It might help sometimes with the design choices ...

I agree development pics along the way would be terrific.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
        Career Member
        • Jul 23, 2019

How will this Aquaman differ than the ones FTC has already produced?
        "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
          How will this Aquaman differ than the ones FTC has already produced?
          New head sculpt, different suit (more detailed?), plug-in gloves, maybe a rubber belt (hopefully not the SF Aquaman belt, but probably).

I am just speculating!

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
            Career Member
            • Jul 23, 2019

It would be cool if they made a variant with that blue/black/white underwater camo suit he had for a time.

Comment

• tiinacat
              Museum Patron
              • Feb 4, 2015

That blue black variant would be cool- last time I actually read Aquaman- around the time of sword of the atom - which would be cool - and all star squadron - and infinity inc which would be so dang cool

While I got into the new jsa the 80’s is ripe for figures hopefully Batman and the outsiders sells well and leads to others

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                Career Member
                • Jul 23, 2019

Anything and everything early to mid-80s DC (before Crisis) would be amazing.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 18, 2015

Honestly getting tired of the way FTC announces products. Reminder that FTC announced the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman figures over 2 years ago, and we've seen nothing since. Not to mention the figures they release unannounced, like this for example:http://figurestoycompany.com/superpo...2-2-1-2-2.aspx I could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing this one anywhere before.
                  The hands that grip.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I don't mind the way FTC makes their announcements. I get hopeful for figures once they make the announcements, but I figure either we get them, or we don't. At least once they announce they are working on something, there is hope. I may never see a factory made Mego style Black Lightning figure, but at least when FTC announced that they were working on one, I have hope.

And if FTC can sneak an easy to do variant in there with little to no lead time for announcements, like removable mask Gorshin Riddler or (dare I say) Duela Dents, I'm not mad at them for it, even if they don't always appeal to me. I doubt they cause any delays in other product.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      I don't mind the way FTC makes their announcements. I get hopeful for figures once they make the announcements, but I figure either we get them, or we don't. At least once they announce they are working on something, there is hope. I may never see a factory made Mego style Black Lightning figure, but at least when FTC announced that they were working on one, I have hope.

And if FTC can sneak an easy to do variant in there with little to no lead time for announcements, like removable mask Gorshin Riddler or (dare I say) Duela Dents, I'm not mad at them for it, even if they don't always appeal to me. I doubt they cause any delays in other product.
                      they seem to be making all the Outsiders so I assumed BL was coming too.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                        The Man of Many Voices
                        • Aug 30, 2005

This will be a nice figure to get. But I will admit, I was actually hoping for a Jose Garcia Lopez Super Powers styled Aquaman figure.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          they seem to be making all the Outsiders so I assumed BL was coming too.
                          Yes, FTC announced Batman & The Outsiders, including Black Lightning. The way I wrote that sentence might not have been the best wording. Hoping to see him revealed soon. So far, we've seen Batman, Metamorpho and Katana's head sculpt. This is one of my most anticipated FTC releases!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                            Radioactive!
                            • Feb 13, 2010

The Outsiders and Swamp Thing are most anticipated for me. Every Thursday at about noon I start checking the FTC website all day like a crack addicted chimpanzee---bring 'em on FTC!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎