X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

*The head sculpts on He-Man and Skeletor are a bit off-putting to me, it's a departure from vintage I'm not sure I like
    I personally dig them but I can totally understand people wanting sculpts closer to the original figures. The upcoming Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor both come with an extra vintage inspired heads which should make everyone happy.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Good news. I can see the current heads as more suited to battle figures, and use the other "vintage" heads on wave 1.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Received Teela, Man-at-Arms and Beastman courtesy of a kind member. Nice updates to Man-at-Arms. With Teela, I would have preferred a deco that mimics the first vintage release, as that's what I had originally and I think looks better.

Is Man-at-Arms' armor soft rubber, is it likely to react with the figure?
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 22, '20, 9:07 AM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          Received Teela, Man-at-Arms and Beastman courtesy of a kind member. Nice updates to Man-at-Arms. With Teela, I would have preferred a deco that mimics the first vintage release, as that's what I had originally and I think looks better.

Is Man-at-Arms' armor soft rubber, is it likely to react with the figure?
          No, it's not rubbery at all. It's a softer plastic. There were always three different types of plastic used for the vintage armors. Soft, like He-Man, Mer-Man, Stratos...a "waxy" type used on Skeletor, Man-at-Arms, Faker, and a hard ABS plastic used for the armors that snap together.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you. I'm always concerned I'm going to pull something out of storage and find it's reacted/melted. The vintage waxy plastic you mention seems particularly inert, I liked it.

I have yet to open these, I need to work out how to store the opened figures.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎