X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Masters of the Universe Origins Gallery

Pics of my MOTU Origins collection as it grows...
    Nothing fancy, just nice clear pics that show off the beautiful sculpts and bold colors.

These toys make me feel 40 years younger!

Last edited by enyawd72; Aug 13, '20, 11:24 PM.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Wonderful photography as usual.

I prefer these over Classics. The style, sculpts, quality and feel scream MOTU to me in a way Classics never did. It's been frustrating how hard these have been to get. Origins are not just collectibles for adults, like MOTUC, they are really fun toys and I hope these end up in the hands of children to play with.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

^Thanks! And I agree on all counts!

From what I've seen, kids ARE getting these and loving them! Walmart has begun a massive rollout...somebody snapped a pic of this retail display in Texas!

117297013_196723378544620_3249422413843579427_o.jpg

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
        From what I've seen, kids ARE getting these and loving them! Walmart has begun a massive rollout...somebody snapped a pic of this retail display in Texas!
        Cool, that's a great looking display.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Geez, if I see that display, I know I'm not going to be able to resist. Great pics too, by the way!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Geez, if I see that display, I know I'm not going to be able to resist. Great pics too, by the way!

Chris
            Thanks! Wait til you guys see wave 2 pics...Trap Jaw and Scareglow are gonna be AWESOME.

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

Yay!! I found exactly one He-Man figure at my local Walmart today!!!! Their website said there were two available at my area store, but I had to search for it when I got there because he wasn't on one of the pegs. Couldn't find the end cap display either. In fact, many of the pegs and shelves in the toy aisle were bare and empty (Of course, the Barbie section was fully stocked). I finally found him laying at the bottom of a storage tub dump with a bunch of other misplaced toys waiting to be re-shelved. His card was a little beat up, but that's okay because I already planned on opening him anyway. The hunt is on for the other figures!!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I saw the Prince Adam/Sky Sled set and Battle Cat last weekend. With no other figures I passed for now. May regret that later...

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• jacoblb
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2009

Awesome pictures. I picked up a He-Man and Skeletor today at Wal-Mart. It took 3 WM locations before I found a store with anyone beside Skeletor on the pegs. (Another location was also carrying MOTU minis in Castle Grayskull blind box-like containers.

Comment

• melstapler
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Aug 2, 2014

Walking down the toy aisle in 2020, I'm amazed by how many action figure lines on the shelves are throwbacks/tributes or modeled after lines from the 80s and 90s. Just the other day, I saw these He-Man figures next to the more recent Power Rangers retro figures, the Hasbro Empire Strikes Back retro figures and the Spider-Man retro figures based on the 90s animated series. The current G.I. Joe Classified figures and the NECA Aliens figures are presented in a new way, but also capture excitement from previous decades.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

What is the assortment of wave 2 and when is it due to be released?
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        What is the assortment of wave 2 and when is it due to be released?
                        Scareglow, Orko, Trap Jaw and Man E faces. US release date is October.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

How are preorders solicited, WW? Thanks.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            How are preorders solicited, WW? Thanks.
                            Sadly, you have to just get lucky when they pop up on Walmart.com.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

First impressions:

*Like them A LOT lol.
                              *Boy, the cardbacks are thin
                              *Super articulation
                              *The knees on the female figures look weird, truly
                              *The head sculpts on He-Man and Skeletor are a bit off-putting to me, it's a departure from vintage I'm not sure I like

Looking forward to wave 2!
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 16, '20, 8:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎