X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Fisher Price Adventure People 1978

I had set 4,5,6,7 thanks to four rather prosperous Christmas times, If I had to pick an absolute favourite from this page, I'd say "Wilderness Patrol", which ones did you have?

Like Mego Knock-Offs? Join our Facebook group dedicated today, it's an intimate group that focuses just on vintage toys:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

I literally love this toy line. Cannot begin to express what sentimental value it has throughout my entire life and to this day.
    The Sea Explorer survived me and my brothers, my nephew and my three kids as the number one bath tub toy and was used in my pool a few weeks ago still going strong.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Paperback hero
      • Mar 20, 2012

Wow. I had 1 and 3.

In the Daredevil set, I was fascinated by how well the parachute held up compared to the plastic bag ones from the drug store. It was the perfect set for me.

The rescue chopper had the most powerful clamp..never messed up or got weaker with use. Very well made toys.

I would LOVE to give these to my 8 year old now. Struggling to find boat toys that actually float in 2020.

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

I had 2, 4, and 6 and enjoyed every minute of play I had with them. I'm going to guess "Star Wars" diverted my interest from Adventure People just like it did for GI JOE, Mego, Johnny West, and about everything else I played with. That said, I really did enjoy Adventure People and still think they are one of the coolest toy lines ever made. My grandmother (who died just last month at the age of 99...my last living grandparent) made several sleeping bags for "Wilderness Patrol" and "Northwoods" guys.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Those are great toys. Fun and sturdy. I had the sea explorer.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• toyhunter1970
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 24, 2020

love this line

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I did not have these sets, but I like 2, 5, and 7. I had some individual space figures later.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Paperback hero
                • Mar 20, 2012

On a side note. While looking for some toys for my son's inflatable pool at the local TRU last week, I came upon the Animal Planet line. Lots of ships, and submarines....shark cages and underwater creatures....the thing is...all the boats and subs said "not for use in water".....ugh
                Last edited by Paperback hero; Aug 12, '20, 8:04 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 27, 2009

I had sets 2, 4, 5, 7 and several not on this page. Faboulus wonderful durable toys. To me, they were the 3 3/4" equivalent to the GI Joe Adventure team.

Comment

• Red Hulk
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 19, 2012

Such a wonderful toy line.My friend Nate had sets 1and 2 and white airplane and a pair of construction guys with ladders and sawhorse.I had the ambulance
                    and a couple of the smaller sets(Motocross and Kayak come to mind).I have to say set 4 screams AT era Gljoe.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

I have had number 5 the Safari set for many years and it was always a fun set. My kids have even played with it.

I always wanted the submarine set and checked it out every trip to the store.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡