Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordhumongous
    • May 16, 2020

Michael Myers Cancelled?

Obviously Michael wasn't shown in the newly released wave 8 lineup, and Monsters In Motion has the figure as cancelled due to lack off interest.https://www.monstersinmotion.com/car...d-p-27670.html Is it just cancelled on that website or as a whole? I can't find any other information of it being cancelled anywhere else. It can still be preordered on other sites and I currently have one going through on Big Bad Toy Store. If it was cancelled by Mego, why would it be for lack of interest? I doubt everyone is flaming at the mouth for married with children figures and turning a blind eye to Michael Myers,
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Comment

• lordhumongous
      • May 16, 2020

So just pushed back to the next wave then? Where was there any official statement?

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Given that Andy (CrimsonGhost) is a sculptor for Mego, I consider that sufficiently official for me.

Comment

• Timothy2251
          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
          • Mar 15, 2008

I'm less anxious about Michael Myers being delayed than I am Gandalf, to be honest. Can't wait for Gandalf to pop up, and we best be seeing some Hobbits and Gimli up in this piece next year.
          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Myers has been pushed and his spot in wave 8 has been filled by Hannibal Lecter. I’m assuming Mego is working out the licensing kinks so Myers can eventually released, but who knows when that might happen or what wave that might be and it’s also possible that it might just simply be dropped completely.

Gandalf on the other hand...well, the photos of the shelves at Wal-Mart might be a clue...but I don’t actually know.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

I can't see Myers coming out anytime soon. It's textbook market confusion for NECA. Same scale, same section of the store.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by hedrap
                I can't see Myers coming out anytime soon. It's textbook market confusion for NECA. Same scale, same section of the store.
                I don’t know if that’s it, both NECA and Mego had Pennywise the Clown out at the same time. Maybe, tho.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 23, 2019

If the Michael Myers figure is indeed cancelled, we can always make our own customs. Here is a tutorial.

"I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                    I don’t know if that’s it, both NECA and Mego had Pennywise the Clown out at the same time. Maybe, tho.
                    I was talking to Ray Castillo about any company who made had overlapped a figure license and I couldn't think of one from the McFarlane/NECA/Mezco wars. But you're right! Pennywise may be the first.

Comment

• Jase
                      • Sep 22, 2021

Anything new on Michael Myers being released? My preorder with BBTS shows expected arrival as November 2021 (I know, take it with a grain of salt) but I haven't heard anything recently on this release.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Jase
                        Anything new on Michael Myers being released? My preorder with BBTS shows expected arrival as November 2021 (I know, take it with a grain of salt) but I haven't heard anything recently on this release.
                        It was cancelled.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                          It was cancelled.
                          Darn, that sucks. Thanks for telling us.
                          The hands that grip.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

He’s hanging with Gandalf on the isle of misfit toys
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎