X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Yvonne Neck Plug with a Resin Head

I understand that the ZICA/CTVT Yvonne neck connector is not compatible with traditional Mego female heads. But can someone explain to me how it is *supposed* to work? Clearly the head it comes with works. I'm not sure if I'm messing up the shapes or the dimensions, but I can't quite figure out how a resin head is supposed to properly connect.
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I struggle with how to get resin heads onto the darn thing. Would love to hear from an expert.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

Yvonne heads are just heads as the neck remains on the torso and connects with a simple post/ball joint (also part of the neck and can be removed).

Your sculpt/cast needs to accommodate the neck (*think* an original Mego female head can just push right on), and post/ball joint if you still would like the head to swivel. If you want to retain the motion, core (with a well fit drill bit) out the inside of your resin head and fill with a material that you can fit to the neck/post such as Apoxie Sculpt. This allows you to move the head (fitting it well) while the filler material dries.

Make sense?

Scully is a resin cast on a Yvonne 1.0 body below:

Last edited by Confessional; Aug 7, '20, 2:12 PM. Reason: … seeing, makes you want to believe!

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

a photo tutorial on how to use the yvonne body with other heads would be awesome.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Confessional
          Your sculpt/cast needs to accommodate the neck (*think* an original Mego female head can just push right on), and post/ball joint if you still would like the head to swivel. If you want to retain the motion, core (with a well fit drill bit) out the inside of your resin head and fill with a material that you can fit to the neck/post such as Apoxie Sculpt. This allows you to move the head (fitting it well) while the filler material dries.

Make sense?
          My first thought was it's an issue with resin heads being solid cast pieces.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎