X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Six Million Dollar Man Wallet- My blind date days went out with Grunge but were I still out in the field, showing off this bad boy would likely be a really good litmus test of who is cool.

Tomy Rascal Robots- Oh my goodness, I loved these as a kid. So much so that I chose one of these over a Star Wars figure or a new Micronaut on a vacation once. The slow hissing of the wind-up motor drove my father batty.

Shogun Warriors promotional Sticker- Wow, do I melt over stuff like this. I'm not that deep into Shogun Warriors but the whole 70s Toy Store experience is totally my jam.

Whitman Comics Star Wars 3 Pack- I don't do comics much but this one hits me right in the feels, I had it as a kid and well, I want it as an adult. Were it not that the shipping costs almost the same, it would be mine. Anybody got one of these they're selling?

Bootleg Superman and Wonder-Man Motorcycle- Oh, I love bananas stuff like this, I've seen the Hulk and Spider-Man version before but this one doesn't pop up as much. Besides red head Wonder Woman (a good look) Superman is boasting one heck of crazy person expression.Don't snort Red Kryptonite kids.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Finally! An answer to that age old question: what does Superman look like when he orgasms?

Comment

• toyhunter1970
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 24, 2020

i did the same thing in 1978 i picked a tomy rascal robot over a kenner r2 d2

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

I had one of the Rascal Robots, and he regularly raced my wind-up R2-D2 across the dining table.
        And those comic 3-packs... had a few of those. Great memories.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

I would use that wallet today with pride! Awesome
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Angry, hog-riding Superman, and peace-loving, ginger Wonder Woman? I'd buy that comic.

I loved those little wind-up robots too! Your text brought that hissing sound back to my ears.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I had several of those Rascal Robots when I was little. They are adorable.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• tay666
                Career Member
                • Dec 27, 2008

I had several of those robots as well. Didn't like them better than SW or Micronauts, but they were cheap and readily available.

I loved Whitman 3-packs of comics.
                Used to get them at one of the local grocery stores when we were on that side of town.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

I still have a Return of the Jedi 3 pack, not sure if it is Whitman or not. those were the good old days

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎