Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget Sunshine Family. Nothing compares to the horror of Kenner Dusty.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Forget Sunshine Family. Nothing compares to the horror of Kenner Dusty.

Sure we mock the Sunshine family a lot here but they do not compare to Dusty.

They actually advertised her as America's most beautiful doll. She Wasn't. I dare you to go down the google image rabbit hole of Kenner Dusty pics. The commercial does not truly do the doll justice. The doll was scary new and has only become more so with age. The horror! The madness!

Imagine this nightmare. You are a little kid in a toy store and you have to pick out one doll and nothing is left but Sunshine Family and Dusty. I don't know about you but I'm going right for the Sunshine Family.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

I had no idea the NJ tan mom had merch

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Honest to God, she's like the Stepford Wife to other fashion dolls. She looks like she could throttle Barbie, make a souffle in the Easy-Bake Oven, and...wear out GI Joe.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

HA HA Tan Mom is Dusty all grown up! Today, Dusty would be marketed with a tube of sunscreen to teach the children the importance of sun protection and dangers of the sun's rays. And yes, I've seen second-hand, used Dusty dolls on ebay and they are crazy scary!
        Here's another scary doll: Mego's very own Suzanne Sommers!

Comment

• RonnyG
          Career Member
          • Apr 23, 2014

Here's Dusty modeling for a photo shoot. She's so photogenic with that creepy open mouth smile!

Comment

• J.B.
            Guild Navigator
            • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Wee67
            I had no idea the NJ tan mom had merch
            Tan Mom!? My worlds just collided.
            You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• J.B.
              Guild Navigator
              • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Sure we mock the Sunshine family a lot here but they do not compare to Dusty. They actually advertised her as America's most beautiful doll. She Wasn't. I dare you to go down the google image rabbit hole of Kenner Dusty pics. The commercial does not truly do the doll justice. The doll was scary new and has only become more so with age. The horror! The madness!
              The horror.....the horror...
              You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by RonnyG
                Here's Dusty modeling for a photo shoot. She's so photogenic with that creepy open mouth smile!
                Yeah, that is one messed up doll. She was supposed to be a teenager but always looked like a middle aged bleached blonde chain smoker.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Dusty was the original member of "The People of Walmart".

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎