Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beatlemania
    • Sep 28, 2014

The First Doctor, as portrayed by William Hartnell, from Doctor Who

"Have you ever thought what it's like to be wanderers in the Fourth Dimension? Have you? To be exiles?
    Susan and I are cut off from our own planet - without friends or protection. But one day we shall get back. Yes, one day."

Hey everyone! Today, I unveil the start of a new series of figures: Doctor Who!

There's only way figure to start with, and that's William Hartnell's portrayal of the first incarnation of the titular character, the Doctor:

Of course, there is already a Mego-style figure of the First Doctor, released by BifBangPow in the early 2010's.

However, that figure is becoming harder to find, due to its limited production run; besides, he was just such a fun figure to make!

Despite me officially focusing on creating a likeness similar to that of William Hartnell, I did try to add in some touches to have him slightly resemble two other actors
    who have played this version of the character: Richard Hurndall and David Bradley.

I'm extremely happy with how it came out--especially the little details for his costume!

My favorite detail, though, has to be his cane--which is actually just a model of the Emperor's cane from Star Wars that I made some adjustments to.

I'm quite happy with the final result, and I'm definitely looking forward to continuing with the rest of the different incarnations of the Doctors!
    Last edited by Beatlemania; Aug 4, '20, 6:37 PM.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Great job, love the hair.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

Good job on him.

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

You captured the look very well, also love the hair
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• battmasterson
          Career Member
          • Dec 22, 2010

Very nice. I love the detail in the clothing.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎