Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

As a kid growing up in the 1970s, the toys I did not like were toy lines based on TV/Movie properties I did not watch. I was not a fan of Star Trek, or Planet of the Apes, so I really never played with Mego as a kid (That came later). I primarily collected the 12-inch GI Joe Adventure Team line. Then, I moved on to The Six Million Dollar Man and all his stuff, then Star Wars came out and I started collecting that line. Didn't have a lot of room (or money) to collect any other toy lines.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

Play-Doh and Play-Doh paraphernalia. My opinion about it softened for a short period, long about the time I discovered "Mr. Bill" from Saturday Night Live, but for me it largely held no appeal.

Train sets were okay, but the set up and tear down for so little a payoff made me not play with them much. Mainly, I would set it up to entertain my kid sister who got all the benefit without having to futz with the details.

Comment

• tay666
        Career Member
        • Dec 27, 2008

Have to agree on the sports toys.
        OTOH I was happy with actual sports equipment. We played a ton of wiffle ball in the back yard in the day.

I was also not into playing with super heroes. I liked reading comics, building SH model kits, watching the TV shows. But I had no interest in super hero toys.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 1, 2005

Hard to believe given my love for nearly every action figure line of the 1970's at this point, but I never could get into BIG JIM when I was a kid. My older cousin had them and loved them, and I'd kinda reluctantly play with them with him, but I never really thought they were all that cool. I appreciate them more now, but yeah that was one of the few toy lines that I didn't covet whatsoever. I was always begging my cousin to just pull out the Bionic Man toys and Evel Knievel instead of Big Jim.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎