X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Toys you did not like as a child.

For me baby dolls. When I was really little I had one baby doll I got as a gift. When your toy's action feature is soiling itself, that gets old pretty fast. I just didn't care for them.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Valor
    • Aug 25, 2017

Model kits. I don't think I ever put one of them together.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Anything sports related including action figures, games and sports paraphernalia itself

Erector sets

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Educational toys. Had a well meaning Aunt give me a Little Professor calculator for Christmas. Not fun.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Tomy Talker scared the daylights outta me as a small boy. I swore his eyes moved at nighttime
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Sports toys didn't do anything for me either. I was slightly intrigued by Starting Lineup, because they came out RIGHT as I was leaving playing with toys behind, and they were acceptable to openly collect, unlike say, TMNT or something like that.

But I was never a sports ball person, so I just looked on from afar.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

I never liked the first G.I. joe with flock hair, the way the body could pose didn’t click with me, I did have a mike power and ballet man which I liked playing with.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

matchbox cars or hot wheels. I mean I had some, but I didn't play with them, mostly we probably just threw them at each other when we got mad, lol

Comment

• warlock664
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                  ... and ballet man which I liked playing with.
                  There was a Baryshnikov action figure ?!!!

Comment

• acrovader
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2011

Weened on the late 1970's and early 80's 3.75" action figures. My brother's G.I. Joe, Six Million Dollar Man, Evel Knievel, etc. were so out of scale with everything else I played with.
                    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by acrovader
                      Weened on the late 1970's and early 80's 3.75" action figures. My brother's G.I. Joe, Six Million Dollar Man, Evel Knievel, etc. were so out of scale with everything else I played with.
                      Opposite for me. 8" seemed to be the proper size so the toy I never got into was (GASP!) Star Wars figures!! SETTLE DOWN, SETTLE DOWN. More than the size, I was really struck by the SW figures lack of articulation, especially compared to my beloved Megos.

There. I said it. I feel so much better.
                      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Cap guns

Even as a kid I thought they were useless noisemakers

Comment

• acrovader
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 19, 2011

Although, I really didn't like Cowboys & Indians toys. My dad grew up with that stuff. Little too dry for my tastes. Science Fiction & Fantasy is what appealed to me (with some G.I. Joe thrown in).
                          I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 28, 2008

I never really got into army toys (maybe had one set of the little green army men, plus I had a WWII Battle of the Bulge playset; and even though I saw every episode of the cartoon, I never truly clicked with GI Joe). The big line that never pulled me in, however, was Transformers*. For whatever reason, I've never gone for those--I did watch the cartoon, but I always liked the lines like Starriors better, and while I had lots of friends who had Transformers, I was content with MOTU, Super Powers, etc.

*Strangely enough, the main place for toys for my small town was a Roses Dept. Store, and they had GoBots on their shelves a while (I was young, so I'm really not sure of the time span, but I'd bet 2-3 months) before Transformers showed up, so I initially saw Transformers as the secondary line of the two. That didn't really contribute, since i wasn't jumping to get into GoBots either.
                            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                            Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• msenger76
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 3, 2009

Transformers for sure. figures looked nothing like the cartoon. way too bulky and rigid. and for the cost i could get multiple GI Joe or super powers figs

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎