X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Was wondering........

Did Hasbro have plans to add female figures to the Adventure Team line? I only ask because of the pictures I have seen of the Super Peggy figure that was released overseas and see that she has the Hasbro trademark info on the back,like how Tom Stone does.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I like those Action Team female figures very much. I wanted an original but instead made a custom one. I'm surprised Hasbro and Palitoy didn't use those molds in some capacity.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 29, '20, 9:23 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I like those Action Team female figures very much. I wanted an original but instead made a custom one. I'm surprised Hasbro and Palitoy didn't use those molds in some capacity.
      I'd like to see your custom.PNGwynne.

I heard about "Action Girl" from someone. England's female Action man version. Turns out it was one of the 11.5" Dollkins with modified face paints. I was able to find the US version easily and added her to my Joe collection. Just to be a completest.
      Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I used a Hasbro Classic Collection GI Jane body, a $5 Barbie's brown-haired head that I chose for matching skin tone, and a Cotswold plum-colored knit bodysuit fron a South American custom vendor. The bodysuit is sized for female dolls and mimics the Super-Joe Commander style. Just had to frankenstein the neck plug and the bodysuit collar hides that.

I added a repro shoulder holster, a vintage Super Sandy/Peggy "Golden Colt" revolver, and small jackboots. She turned out well and coordinates with my other 12" custom Super-Joes.

I've never heard of large Dollikins or UK versions, though I bought the Sandy/Peggy scuba set. Interesting!
        Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 1, '20, 5:32 PM.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Just did a search. Dollikin was done by Uneeda. Not sure why they'd have Hasbro markings on them.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
            Persistent Member
            • Oct 3, 2007

2012fn9922_2500.jpg
            Here's the UK version of Action Man's Sis.
            Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

^Do you know if she has blue pants?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎