Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craft paint shortage?

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I boycott Hobby Lobby, but I've noticed such shortages at Target and Michael's. It could be Covid-related manufacturing lags as well as increased demand.
    C'mon, I saw you in Hobby Lobby with a chick fil a bag and a Goya bean logo tshirt.

In all seriousness, inventory was bought up and not replaced during the shutdown. Michael's is horrible too. I buy paint online mostly because of this.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Axe View Post
    C'mon, I saw you in Hobby Lobby with a chick fil a bag and a Goya bean logo tshirt.
    Busted lol.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Axe View Post

In all seriousness, inventory was bought up and not replaced during the shutdown. Michael's is horrible too. I buy paint online mostly because of this.
    red hat too right? Joann here has plenty last time I went. Actually found some nice stuff at Dollar Tree 4 ounce bottles of the basic colors
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Joann here has plenty last time I went.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I never even thought of Joann's, but sure enough... I checked there today and they were well stocked. I even saw this flexible Plaid FX paint for craft foam / cosplay that looked really promising for things like boots... anyone ever try it?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprytel View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I never even thought of Joann's, but sure enough... I checked there today and they were well stocked. I even saw this flexible Plaid FX paint for craft foam / cosplay that looked really promising for things like boots... anyone ever try it?
    never have tried it since regular paint works fine of craft foam for me.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    I don't work in craft foam, so I can't say...but I have had trouble in the past with things like hands/boots/belts... things where the paint cracks or chips when the item flexes. That vinyl automotive paint works on that stuff, but it only is available in limited colors.