X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

RIP Olivia De Havilland

I knew this day would come........it is like losing an old friend (even though I never met her). She was one of the greatest actresses of all-time. The memories she has left could fill 10 lifetimes. From "Gone with the Wind" to "The Snake Pit" to "The Heiress" etc. etc. her acting ability was unsurpassed. A two-time Academy Award winner -- she did it all. At 104-years-old, she had, by all accounts, a great life. RIP to one of the all-time greatest.
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Truly one of the last greats. Amazing she held on until 104. Rest

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

The last of an era. One of the most beautiful women and a great actress, as well. A true legend.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched Robin Hood last week

Man, she was beautiful

RIP

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm so saddened to hear this, she was amazing. "The Heiress" never fails to move me, one of my favorite films ever, and "The Adventures of Robin Hood" is iconic for a reason. Her later performance in "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte" is also fine. I"ve enjoyed so many of her films.

Her wit was legendary, too. I highly recommend her book, Every Frenchman Has One.

I don't have TCM anymore, I'm going to miss her retrospective there. But I've several of her films on dvd.

RIP dear lady.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Very sad news, I had a major crush on her since my early teenage years, seeing her in Robin Hood and
            Captain Blood.

I think one of her first film roles was in a Midsummer Night’s Dream, she was 18 year’s old.

a very beautiful woman who didn’t have to dress provocative to get attention like most do today, the last of the great golden age of hollywood stars, RIP.

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

She had a great run, and to make it 104 to boot...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I agree with everything already said. The last of the true Golden Agers. RIP.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎