X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Cat-Man, do

So, FTC's parade of Duela Dents has me thinking about what Bat-Foes I'd like to see attempted:

*Mr. Freeze (1979)
    *Mad Hatter ('80s)
    *Clayface II
    *Talia
    *Cat-Man
    *Killer Moth!
    *Dr. Phosphorus--glow body
    *Cavalier--one can wish

What personal favorites would you like to see as ReMegoes?
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 24, '20, 6:50 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

yes please. Also add in Deadshot, Killer Croc, I'd welcome some of the villains from the opening credits of the 66 show. The Terrible Trio, Ventriloquist and Scarface, Baby Doll, Professor Pyg and Mr. Toad, Zebra Man, The Eraser, Gorilla Boss. I can go on...
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Ooh, I've always liked the Terrible Trio. I have two-thirds of them half-done. (Do the math.)

I forgot Croc, I like his earliest version. I would love the Eraser lol!!
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 24, '20, 5:34 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I really want to add the Trio to my 66 line. The Stooges seem to obvious to play them.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
          Moderation Engineer
          • Aug 14, 2003

Pictures! Show which versions you prefer!

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            yes please. Also add in Deadshot, Killer Croc, I'd welcome some of the villains from the opening credits of the 66 show. The Terrible Trio, Ventriloquist and Scarface, Baby Doll, Professor Pyg and Mr. Toad, Zebra Man, The Eraser, Gorilla Boss. I can go on...
            In the opening credits, who’s the villain wearing the white hood?

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

• Tweedledee and Tweedledum
              • Signalman
              • Lady Shiva

...are four that come to mind that haven't been mentioned.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
                In the opening credits, who’s the villain wearing the white hood?
                probably just a generic crook. I'm thinking more about Clayface, King Cobra, the couple mad doctor looking guys, and even the Joker in green suit would be a cool variant.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  Pictures! Show which versions you prefer!
                  Pix are not my forte, but the Mr. Freeze version I like is from Batman #308, February 1979. The art is by Aparo (cover), Calnan, & Giordano, I'm unsure who actually designed the costume. I just read a nice interview with Calnan and I'd like to think he contributed to the look, but it's very "Aparo."

It's Freeze's "tights" Bronze-Age costume--a bit like his original but in an icy motif--and after his TV series-aping coveralls. It's also the first depiction of the character with glasses/goggles, which I consider essential.

After that in the '80's with Super Powers and beyond, he went armored.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 25, '20, 9:27 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

here

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks, buddy.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Thanks, buddy.
                        no prob. to me tho that look is a little too capt cold

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

That is somewhat true and honestly, Capt. Cold back then was a better-developed character. But, it's also possible to see it as a riff on his original Mr. Zero costume.

At any rate, it's Mego-era. The alternative is a dull-as-dirt green (!) and white Sanders knock-off.
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 25, '20, 6:49 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
                            • Tweedledee and Tweedledum
                            • Signalman
                            • Lady Shiva

...are four that come to mind that haven't been mentioned.
                            Signalman I recall, oddly, from a JLA appearance--he would be fun.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

I've always liked Mr. Zero/Freeze's early look, green and purple, nothing to do with cold.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎