X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Knock Off Universal Monsters Hat with Sun Visor- This is the kinda bootleg goodness you'd find in a towel store/tourist trap on your way to Orlando. I love that sort of thing BTW....

V T-Shirt- Damn, I am in awe of this but unfortunately, I'd look like Baby Huey with that on.

Remco Sgt Rock Playset- Was there ever a more appropriate license for Green Army men than Remco? I love that his enemies are called "The Bad Guys", they stayed up all night thinking of that....

Kirk and Spock Erasers by Deiner- How the heck am i this close to 50 and just discovering these were a thing?

Glamour Gals Chad figure- Ok I was looking at Glamour Gals figures to see if I could make Fantasy Island figures, I know that's way weirder than just saying I collect these but I believe in honesty. Chad with his purple frilled jumpsuit is part of the "Great Dates" series and you know, I believe that this guy would make an interesting evening.

Like Mego Knock-Offs? Join our Facebook group dedicated today, it's an intimate group that focuses just on vintage toys: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Megoknockoff/

The First issue of PlaidStallion's Toy-Ventures Magazine is coming this July, the premier issue will be a salute to Azrak-Hamway international and features articles about Star Trek, Space:1999, World Famous Super Monsters, KISS and of course parachuting Superheroes. Learn more here:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

That Kirk eraser somehow presages Shatner in the early to mid 90s. It looks nothing like him from TOS through TMP, oddly enough!

If Mego hadn't made a Captain Stubing, that Galmour Gals captain would have been a perfect substitute. I know Kenner mocked up Super Powers female figures using these...and then they only made Wonder Woman.

I wonder if the V shirt was marketed to girls, or did a white shirt turn pink over the years?

Love the Sgt. Rock set, but I would have been disappointed if I didn't get Rock, Bulldozer, Wildman, etc.

I would so buy that monster hat...and wear it!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

I don't remember Glamour Gals at all but this week someone had one wearing a cowboy hat IDed on Facebook, causing me to start looking them up. I'm at least considering that one just to go along with other western figs.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I believe Chad is a "great date" because you can be sure he won't get handsy at the end of it.

And so much to unpack with that cardback:

Why do they list the contents as: "One doll, outfit, and posing stand" as if somehow you could remove him from that outfit? (Or would want to, amiright!)

Do they really need the disclaimer "Glamour Gals dolls not included"? Was that a major source of confusion when folks looked in that bubble? "Wow, Candi's diet must really be working... I can't even see her behind Chad."

And I love that the mail away says "Photo of actual jewelry"... as if that cheap gumball machine ring was so nice that people would be skeptical.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
          I believe Chad is a "great date" because you can be sure he won't get handsy at the end of it.
          Chad would look great next to an Earring Magic Ken that I have.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Chad kinda looks like Lenny Logins

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Glamour Gals has a 3D price tag on it. I loved our 3D store we had. I have tons of toy happiness memories at that store.
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Could the Sgt. Rock set be any more blatant with that big cobra on the front of the box.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I still have my childhood Glamour Gals and playcase. They're nice little figures.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Glamour Gals dude sort of reminds me of one of The Bee Gees, to bad mego back in the day didn’t come out with Bee Gees dolls.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      I still have my childhood Glamour Gals and playcase. They're nice little figures.
                      What scale are they? How much articulation?
                      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Falstaff13
                        What scale are they? How much articulation?
                        They're roughly 4 inches tall. Slightly taller than Kenner SW figures. 5POA Kenner SW levels of articulation with the addition of bendy knees.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          They're roughly 4 inches tall. Slightly taller than Kenner SW figures. 5POA Kenner SW levels of articulation with the addition of bendy knees.
                          So they'd line up okay with Empire's Legends of the West. Thanks.
                          Hugh H. Davis

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎