X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: Star Trek Aliens wave 1

Time to take a look at one of the most collectible lines Mego created, the 8″ line of Star Trek Aliens from 1976. Keeper, Gorn, Cheron and Neptunian? We discuss the character choices and the circumstances lead Mego to artistic license with these characters. Join us at the MegoMuseum www.megomuseum.com Our Facebook…

More...
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

I think this may be your best Vintage Mego yet. You added little known info to a well-known line, proving ,once again, you can always learn more about Mego.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, this was fantastic. I've loved all the videos, but this one really sang. My wife and I both laughed out loud at the Balok/Clint Howard bit.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Super awesome video, maybe a tad biased since I’m a big trekkie fan, but some great info on the wave 1 aliens line, most info I already knew, but it’s always nice to hear from others about it, and you can learn something
        new too.

To answer your question at the the end of the video, my favorite wave 1 alien would be Neptunian, just because he’s kind of a cross between an aquatic alien and flying alien, so he can swim and fly, interesting nemesis for the trek crew.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Well done video. I don't have Keeper or Gorn yet, but I love Cheron and Neptunian. For different reasons Cheron because he was the only Alien from season 3. Neptunian because he makes a good Aquaman villain.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Good watch indeed.

Gorn X Mugato 4ever!, although I keep getting closer to bring that funky-finned-beast into the fold.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

great video. looking forward to the wave 2 one. I loved Gorn and Neptunian, but honestly all 4 got tons of play. I never got any of series 2 aliens as a kid, although I did drool over them in the store.

I also distinctly remember being at my grandparents house celebrating Christmas and getting Neptunian. those were the days

Comment

• scott metzger
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 9, 2007

Still one of my favorite sets of Megos. I had (well, have, still, just in custom made outfits) all of them, but had trouble finding Andorian and Romulan, but a friend of my grandmother had a daughter who managed the nearby Toy King, and she was able to order them from the warehouse. Had so much fun with those figures (battling against the Justice League, ironically. They very rarely got involved with the Enterprise crew). They may have taken varied degrees of liberty with the character designs, but they were great, colorful, fun toys, and that's all that mattered to me as a kid. This video really took me back to some great times...

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

This set was a priority for me when I started collecting Mego's way back in the late '90's. Really fun video, with good info. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎