Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scalpers already destroying G.I. Joe Classified.

I found one Cobra Island Roadblock (with doo rag on head) at Target earlier this week. It was being restocked from a cart filled with items returned to the store. Apart from that, no sign of any other Classified Joes whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by melstapler View Post
    I found one Cobra Island Roadblock (with doo rag on head) at Target earlier this week. It was being restocked from a cart filled with items returned to the store. Apart from that, no sign of any other Classified Joes whatsoever.
    I especially love all the eBay listings that start with RARE! Hard to find! and they have a quantity of 10 for sale.

Blog Entries
    RARE (in my town) HARD TO FIND (because I'm a dick)

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    RARE (in my town) HARD TO FIND (because I'm a dick)
    Brother you said it! LOL

Images
    Stuff like this makes me really like Toy Galaxy for their mantra "Leave one for the next collector".

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    I've always disliked it when I saw listings for new toys as rare. Ignoring intentional scarcity of something like chase figures, no mass produced toy is rare. The production runs of big companies like Mattel, Hasbro, etc. are massive.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    I especially love all the eBay listings that start with RARE! Hard to find! and they have a quantity of 10 for sale.
    Exactly! As someone who has never sold figures for profit and has no interest in the monetary value of a particular figure/vehicle/playset/accessory, I find it a bit disheartening that certain items are "exclusive" or excessively limited and won't be available to people who may not even be aware these exist until it's too late.

I buy figures for the purpose of photographing, customizing and sometimes displaying, but the thought of a figure becoming unavailable/out of print after such a short period of time is frustrating. These Classified Joe figures represent the timeless characters which have a special place in many of our hearts and having them in this scale seems so fresh and exciting.

why is there s scalper or third party vendors on target and walmart anyway?

Because those stores want to make it look like they have more stuff available and it will bring you to their site. They just don't realize that in instances like these, stuff that's actually sold in their store is being bought up and resold on their website for insane markups.