Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scalpers already destroying G.I. Joe Classified.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Scalpers already destroying G.I. Joe Classified.

The Target exclusive wave of G.I. Joes went on sale at 9:00 A.M. this morning and were completely sold out at 9:01

The scalpers are already selling them on eBay and there are a ton already SOLD.

$179 for the Baroness w/bike that was $39.99 and the other three figures are going for $110-120 EACH.

There's a bundle of three that has 86 bids and is at $291 already for $60 worth of figures. Screw that.

I'm REALLY getting tired of store exclusives, convention exclusives....just sell them everywhere, or do a preorder window and let actual FANS buy them.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Target.com handled the pre-orders poorly as they tend to do. But the figures will be on the shelves soon. I really wanted that Baroness and I am not stressed about it. I won't pay scalper prices. I'll get them eventually and those wont be the only releases of Baroness and the Cobra Trooper. The decos might be slightly different but they will get a mass release.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Oof, glad I'm not a mod on those message boards. I still have PTSD from 2018.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

With conventions going virtual, and online ordering becoming even more popular due to the pandemic, it's not surprising that exclusives are running rampant. I'm not really crazy about it myself.

But if companies make it difficult for me to buy their product...well, I guess they really don't need my business, do they?

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I had low expectations of Target.com handling this well and was not surprised. Shame amazon couldn't have gotten Baroness. Their pre-orders last hours to days instead of seconds. It's disappointing but I still can't get mad about it. I will get them eventually.
          Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 23, '20, 5:37 PM. Reason: typos
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

The Baroness was $40 and then flipped on eBay for $180?!??

Man, I am really working on the wrong end of the toy industry...
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ToyTalk
              Career Member
              • Mar 25, 2020

I truly despite how difficult it is to get the toys we want to collect until the scalpers have finally flooded the market.
              Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

Usually it's just a matter of patience with these things. Wait out the scalping feeding frenzy and panicked collectors. I just got the SDCC Spock set for $30 shipped, and there were certainly many who thought those were going to go for big bucks.

And yeah, when I see exclusives for anything, I usually just walk way and either check in months later or forget about them entirely.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

supposedly there will another chance at them online(and in store(?)) this saturday august 1st. won't even bother trying to look in store so we'll see. Sad about the coronavirus and the spike in scalpers :(

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

I hate scalpers. I remember my little girl wanted the Monster High stuff and you just could not get it anywhere other than from scalpers. of course then the market gets flooded and eventually kills the line

Comment

• melstapler
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Aug 2, 2014

I found one Cobra Island Roadblock (with doo rag on head) at Target earlier this week. It was being restocked from a cart filled with items returned to the store. Apart from that, no sign of any other Classified Joes whatsoever.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by melstapler
                        I found one Cobra Island Roadblock (with doo rag on head) at Target earlier this week. It was being restocked from a cart filled with items returned to the store. Apart from that, no sign of any other Classified Joes whatsoever.
                        I especially love all the eBay listings that start with RARE! Hard to find! and they have a quantity of 10 for sale.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

RARE (in my town) HARD TO FIND (because I'm a dick)
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• enyawd72
                            Maker of Monsters!
                            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                            RARE (in my town) HARD TO FIND (because I'm a dick)
                            Brother you said it! LOL

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Stuff like this makes me really like Toy Galaxy for their mantra "Leave one for the next collector".

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎