Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

One interesting thing that popped up in a toy magazine back in the day was a listing of upcoming Kenner Batman figures. I can't recall which line it was, but they listed a "Monarch Batman" figure. Now, at the time, there had been a DC character called Monarch, but I doubt that was what they were referring to, as we didn't really see such nods to the comics in the day. The more frightening and likely possibility was for a Batman with large butterfly wings. Far as I know it never materialized. Part of me wants to see what that was supposed to be, but another part fears I would immediately want to unsee it...

As for what did come out, I did get all that stuff back int he day, Bat variants and all. I recall with the Dark Knight collection, I set up a display with the Joker in the middle being surrounded by all the variant Batmen, and said it was the Joker having a nightmare. Still, if you looks past the Crisis on Technicolor Batmen, there were some decent figures in the mix. Give the Batman Forever line credit, we got TWO female figures, and more than on version of each, to boot, and an actual henchman. The former was shocking, and the latter virtually unheard of at the time. Today I do have a few like Catwoman, Batgirl and Joker on his Joker Cycle mixed in with the Super Powers figures (along with a couple Swamp Things).
    Last edited by scott metzger; Sep 2, '20, 3:46 PM.

Comment

• toyhunter1970
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 24, 2020

by 1990 when kenners the dark knight collection came out I was just getting back to collecting 70's toys but i bought the bruce wayne /batman awesome figure starting to look at this line again the batmobile boxed is awesome but is hitting the 400 range $$ ouch !

Comment

• Mr.Marion
        Permanent Member
        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by toyhunter1970
        by 1990 when kenners the dark knight collection came out I was just getting back to collecting 70's toys but i bought the bruce wayne /batman awesome figure starting to look at this line again the batmobile boxed is awesome but is hitting the 400 range $$ ouch !
        Yeah there were 3 batmobiles I believe, the first one being the most expensive. It is sharpe looking. I'm surprised this line is as collected today as it is. But then again Swamp Thing and Jurassic Park has some expensive play sets too. I doubt I will be a completist on Dark knight and Batman returns figures but I definitely respect the line alot more now and if you thought rare and pricey DC toys stopped after Super Powers you would be wrong.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Both the DKC Batmobile and the BR Batmissile Batmobile are really great, solid toys. Love the turbine flame pop out on the DKC version, and the Batmissile feature is fantastic on the BR version. I have kept both on display for nearly 30 years at this point.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎