X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

They are remaking "Fletch"

One of Chevy Chase's best films ever was 1985's "Fletch." Granted, in the 1980's, Chevy had a number of smash hit films -- that was one of them. Like most sequels, part 2 was pretty forgettable. Now, Jon Hamm will step in and play the key role. It will be interesting to see how well he does. He is a very good actor. "Mad Men" was a phenomenal show! Then again, remaking an 80's classic..................
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

well the Chase movies were based on the books so it's not like they were totally original for him to play the role. plus I think todays kids have never even heard of those movies

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I hear this is based on the second book, Chase was perfect for Fletch but on the same token he kind of did to it what Dean Martin did to Matt Helm, he played himself.

Hamm is a great choice, although I did think Jason Lee (who was tied to the role for a decade) would have been great too.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
        Moderation Engineer
        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
        I hear this is based on the second book, Chase was perfect for Fletch but on the same token he kind of did to it what Dean Martin did to Matt Helm, he played himself.

Hamm is a great choice, although I did think Jason Lee (who was tied to the role for a decade) would have been great too.
        I guess it's cool that a new generation will get a version of their own. I would have loved to see Jason Lee's take as well

Comment

• Duncan
          Museum focus-groupie
          • Jun 27, 2009

I hadn't known about the Fletch books, but I guess they're pretty good. Fr Wiki: "Two of the Fletch books earned Edgar Awards from the Mystery Writers of America: Fletch was named Best First Novel in 1975, and Confess, Fletch won for Best Paperback Original in 1977. This is the only time a novel and its sequel won back-to-back Edgars." I see some audio versions available from Hoopla through my library, so I'll give em a listen. Thanks for the random idea.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

The Fletch character in the books is different from the movie. He wasn't too likable. The movies were very loosely adapted from the books.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
              The Fletch character in the books is different from the movie. He wasn't too likable. The movies were very loosely adapted from the books.
              Yeah, like i mentioned, Chevy is really playing Chevy for better or for worse, I think it works but the book character is more of a dick.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy

What was Lee too busy in Earl and Kevin Smith movies? Ohh and Chipmunks.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎