Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old school comic book fans complained Superman killed in Snyder’s Man of Steel...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Old school comic book fans complained Superman killed in Snyder’s Man of Steel...

Well, please explain this...

sigpic
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Superman here smiles after killing Zod...and old school fans cheer.

Superman in Man of Steel cries after killing Zod...and everyone loses their minds...

sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I don't recall his destruction of the Fortress of Solitude at all...
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

when I saw superman 2 I never thought superman killed Zod. in my kid mind he sent them to "prison" in the "basement" of the fortress of solitude. I did wonder why he had lasers from his hand powers and the capture net from his S symbol.
        Last edited by powersthatbe; Jul 16, '20, 7:53 PM.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Zod was stripped of his powers. No way in hell did he and his cronies survived in that bloody arctic ice cold, lol.
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

The longer cut which aired on ABC TV showed them being taken into custody alive.

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnSubscribe to EXTRAS: http://bit.ly/1u431frLike us on FACEBOOK: http:...
            Last edited by Werewolf; Jul 16, '20, 11:41 PM.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Whoops double post
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Man of Steel Superman was established as an unlikable jerk before he kills Zod.

We knew what a likable hero Reeve’s Superman was because the writers established that earlier in the movie, so when he has to kill Zod later, we know he wouldn’t have done that if he wasn’t forced to.

MoS Superman gets no sympathy because of how he’s established earlier in the movie.

And Reeve didn’t cry about it because he’s no wimpy!!
                Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Jul 17, '20, 12:50 AM.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
                  Well, please explain this...

might just be me but from the 5 second mark until reeve emerges from the chamber it looks like a stand in ,the suit seems to have a higher neckline and cape attachment and the yellow on his chest emblem looks to have a golden glint to it ,could just be the refraction in the chamber walls or my failing eyesight lol

anyone else see it

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, they survive in the extended cut.

But Zod definitely required medical attention for that crushed hand!
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Superman II is sloppily edited due to the two directors. I don't think they ever intended Zod and co. to be dead.

The extended "ABC" cut is a mess, full of some scenes never meant to be used, but it does point to what the original intention was. There are some cuts that switch straight to the destruction, which REALLY makes like Superman kills everyone, but Lex!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

didn't he kill them in the comics too? I seem to recall that he did it because they were too dangerous to allow to live

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

^John Byrne infamously had his Post-Crisis Superman execute Zod, Faora and Jax-** from a parallel pocket dimension based on the retired Earth-One versions. They had completely destroyed the Earth of that dimension, killing all life on it, and he exposed them to old school Green Kryptonite (which he wasn't affected by) until they died.

So Snyder didn't make this up.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

and Wonder Woman killed Maxwell Lord in the comics.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

I don't have a problem with him offing Zod,what else was he supposed to do. He was a god level villain that could not be contained. I do have a problem with him killing the human terrorist that was holding Lois. And all of Batman's killing in the rescuing Martha sequence.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎