X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego 12" Incredible Hulk

This week we talk about the Emerald Avenger and his hugely popular 12″ figure, featuring rare shots of the original “Lou Ferrigno” version and of course, what we ended up with. Please enjoy. Lou Ferrigno Hulk head sculpt courtesy of Heroes West Coast. https://tinyurl.com/y8cgwvrz Join us at the MegoMuseum Forums! http://megomuseum.com/community/activity.php Facebook Group: Mego Mania:…

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Great video! I always wanted the 12" Hulk, but I never had him as a kid. Much like Marty Abrams feared, my Energized Hulk was often used in my play scenarios. Mego's 8" Hulk was often the "in-between" transformation phase.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah between Remco and Funstuf cutting his grass, Mego was right to try and add some bells and whistles.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

It's cool to see it but I actually prefer the comic head to the prototype TV head. Looks friendlier somehow.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Red Hulk
          Career Member
          • Dec 19, 2012

I never had 12" Hulk I saw the Reb Brown Captain America movies and I got him instead.

Comment

• The Nawd
            Nawd your head for yes.
            • Feb 15, 2011

I had the 12" Hulk. Loved him. I always took his shirt off so he'd look more like he did in the comics I had. When I played with him his main foe was my 12" Darth Vader.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

It's a really good-looking figure, I've always admired the head sculpt.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Never had a 12” Hulk, was more for the 8” figures but like it said in the video, mego Hulk was a bit shorter than the rest of the 8” figures so a 12” Hulk made sense. I think the 12” Hulk is the best of the 12” figures.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

12" Hulk remains one of my all time favourite Mego figures. A true classic.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

He was a Hulk who could team up with Steve Austin and Mike Power. What more could you want? Seriously, he is a great figure,and it was so nice to have a Hulk who wasn't shorter than everyone else. Except Steve.

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

He is definitely my favorite 12" Mego. I loved his size, but I have to admit, I was mixed on the face sculpt. I've always wondered if my belief that the 8" face looked truer to the comics look was based on it actually looking closer to a comics version or simply that the 8" Hulk was my first, and therefore defining, Hulk figure.
                      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^I like both sculpts, but I think the 8" Hulk's face is slightly more brutish, so therefore more comic-like.

Chris

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                          The Man of Many Voices
                          • Aug 30, 2005

Same here. I wanted that Mego 12 inch Incredible Hulk so badly. But I never got him then because my guess is my mom probably felt my 8 inch figure was enough Hulk for me. It wasn't until my adult years that I finally got a Mego 12 inch Hulk, but he didn't have the torn white shirt. But I had to trade my 8 inch Mego Fantastic Four collection. And it wasn't until last year that I finally got a repro of the white torn shirt to make him complete. As far as the comics go, the 12 inch Hulk looks better with Iron Man, Thor and Captain America thanks to the Avengers movies. But my 12 inch Mego Incredible Hulk reminds me more of the TV series with Lou Ferrigno. That figure and a rubber Hulk figure from 1978 are the only 2 Hulk figures I have that remind me of the TV show. My Incredible Hulk Collection.jpg
                          Last edited by filmation batman fan; Jul 23, '20, 1:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎