Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiinacat
    Museum Patron
    • Feb 4, 2015

Dealing with punk rock estates is not easy. A lot of people look to cash in and live in dreamland. When working on a punk project recently besides the estate, agent, hanger ons and other artists getting involved.... turned out he had sold rights to his work over and over whenever he needed a fix.

After 4 productions I gave up and gave my script to the artist’s sister and told her to do what she wanted, as she was decent . I had already brought him and his world to life, but moved on instead of taking the show from LA to NY as the amount of legal nightmares i ran into. I never made any money on that show, but to be fair I never planned on it, just wanted to bring his music to a theatre crowd.

Best bet is an artist Estate controlled by A family member not needing a major payday and flattered anyone cares. You don’t know who that is until you ask. But punk is often not meeting that bill.

Too bad as I think a punk line would be great.

This project involved a NY doll...and Leggs came out to see the show.
    Last edited by tiinacat; Feb 27, '21, 3:16 AM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

If Mego doesn’t make G.G. Allin, then life isn’t worth living anymore.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        If Mego doesn’t make G.G. Allin, then life isn’t worth living anymore.
        with flinging action?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Timothy2251
          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
          • Mar 15, 2008

Never happen, but I'd love a Cramps two-pack! What kid wouldn't love Lux Interior and Poison Ivy, with both figures wearing matching high heels!

Ivy also needs her 1958 Gretsch 6120 hollow-body. Just because.
          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 1, 2005

Originally posted by cjefferys
            For me, the artist(s) should be toyetic in some way, either costuming or the artist themselves having a larger than life persona. So in that spirit, these would work for me:

Lemmy
            Ozzy
            King Diamond
            The Damned
            The Misfits (including Danzig, so not just the "Newfits" like we got with the 12" figures from 20 years ago. And hey, let's throw in some Samhain figures too)
            Sex Pistols (well, Johnny and Sid at least. There's already been a pile of Pistols figures released in Japan, so rights shouldn't be an issue)
            Quorthon (Bathory)
            Celtic Frost
            New York Dolls
            Ghost
            Immortal
            Mayhem
            Robert Smith (The Cure)
            Dani Filth (Cradle of Filth)
            Behemoth

I realize that a lot of these are pretty niche and are unlikely to happen, but a lot of these have had some toys and merch made already, so you never know.
            Dude, I know it'd never happen but I'd lose my freakin' mind if they made Bathory and Celtic Frost figures!!! Martin Eric Ain deserves to be in action figure form 100%.

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

A lot of great suggestions. Based on Super7 growing with their 3.75 retro figure line of Musicians, I'm hoping Mego will do the same. Bring on the Ramones, Devo, Debbie Harry, Run DMC, Johnny Cash, and Robert Smith.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎