Museum Super Collector
        • Nov 5, 2018

Rush, Van Halen, AC/DC, ZZ Top, The Police. And a Purple Rain Prince

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Brown Bear
          Other than more Elvis with new head sculptors (not just redressed), I cant think of any I’d want. Maybe Buddy Holly.

While Buddy Holly is a cool idea, I wouldn't count on it ever happening.

I'm not sure if Maria Elena Holly is still alive or not (it's been awhile since I read anything about her), but she's very stingy about licensing out Buddy's name and/or image. She'd be a tough obstacle to overcome.
          Last edited by apes3978; Aug 13, '20, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by MRP
            Wouldn't a punk band licensing themselves out be kind of an anti-punk sell-out move? Just seems a bit ironic to me, but hey do what you do.

As for stuff I would like to see (but likely never will) George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic complete with a Mother-ship Connection playset...
            Would definitely be anti-punk. Kind of a Billy Idol move. So anti-punk, it would be punk. WAIT... does mean Billy Idol was the ultimate punk?!? My head just exploded.

Parliament Funkadelic would be an amazing Mego set! I bow to the best suggestion yet!
            Last edited by Wee67; Aug 13, '20, 8:57 AM.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• zeedox
              Career Member
              • Aug 10, 2007

Roger Waters with Pink
              David Gilmour with Judge
              Rick Wright with the Wife
              Nick Mason with Iron Bird
              Syd Barrett with Gnome and Bike

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Ramones
                Johnny Rotten
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I need a Mego Johnny Cash.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• tiinacat
                    Museum Patron
                    • Feb 4, 2015

I’d love a punk rock line- but actually might be harder than mainstream. I wrote a punk rock musical called so alone based on Johnny Thunders (call it a workshop with an audience&#128522and when we went to restage it I was hit hard by legal issues. The family was great but agents were asking 10,000 a show (for a hundred seat theatre) Patti Pallidin was running up my bill from the UK demanding changes, Siouxie had gotten The Rolling Stones lawyers involved.

Then the music itself.... Rights were a mess, as Johnny sold them to anyone for drug fixes.

His sister told me that it was so bad The show the Sopranos gave up and just used a song for credits and let the legal fall out come later so they could figure out who to pay.

Bottom line go easy on Mego for lines you want In rock figures - agents for dead artists are the worse, they are unrealistic as there isn’t many opportunities for cash and they want as much as possible.

Minds are changed, and a line of common sense, or drug fueled hatred, even when it’s obvious you are doing it for love of the artist not profit (lost thousands even though it was a sold out run every time we staged/workshopped it. But i knew that going in.)

So any rock figure produced is a miracle

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by tiinacat
                      I’d love a punk rock line- but actually might be harder than mainstream. I wrote a punk rock musical called so alone based on Johnny Thunders (call it a workshop with an audience&#128522and when we went to restage it I was hit hard by legal issues. The family was great but agents were asking 10,000 a show (for a hundred seat theatre) Patti Pallidin was running up my bill from the UK demanding changes, Siouxie had gotten The Rolling Stones lawyers involved.

Then the music itself.... Rights were a mess, as Johnny sold them to anyone for drug fixes.

His sister told me that it was so bad The show the Sopranos gave up and just used a song for credits and let the legal fall out come later so they could figure out who to pay.

Bottom line go easy on Mego for lines you want In rock figures - agents for dead artists are the worse, they are unrealistic as there isn’t many opportunities for cash and they want as much as possible.

Minds are changed, and a line of common sense, or drug fueled hatred, even when it’s obvious you are doing it for love of the artist not profit (lost thousands even though it was a sold out run every time we staged/workshopped it. But i knew that going in.)

then you should have checked on music rights before you started producing and performing it in public. If you were charging a entrance fee then the artists or companies had every right to want a piece of it.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Wee67
                        Museum Correspondent
                        • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by tiinacat
                        I’d love a punk rock line- but actually might be harder than mainstream. I wrote a punk rock musical called so alone based on Johnny Thunders (call it a workshop with an audience��)and when we went to restage it I was hit hard by legal issues. The family was great but agents were asking 10,000 a show (for a hundred seat theatre) Patti Pallidin was running up my bill from the UK demanding changes, Siouxie had gotten The Rolling Stones lawyers involved.

Hadn't thought about that angle. I absolutely love the late 70's NY punk scene and the music it produced, but those people were just overwhelmed with issues from addiction to illnesses to belated recognition. That scene was a mess. (((if interested, check out the book "Kill Me Now" by Legs McNeil))) I find it easy to believe that rights were sold to folks more concerned with profit than the music. I'm also sure you had no problems giving the artists' estates a piece of what little you were making. It's a shame that some of these estates can make those fees so prohibitive that what ever is being done has to be cancelled, preventing anyone from getting any pie.
                        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• cjefferys
                          Duke of Gloat
                          • Apr 23, 2006

For me, the artist(s) should be toyetic in some way, either costuming or the artist themselves having a larger than life persona. So in that spirit, these would work for me:

Lemmy
                          Ozzy
                          King Diamond
                          The Damned
                          The Misfits (including Danzig, so not just the "Newfits" like we got with the 12" figures from 20 years ago. And hey, let's throw in some Samhain figures too)
                          Sex Pistols (well, Johnny and Sid at least. There's already been a pile of Pistols figures released in Japan, so rights shouldn't be an issue)
                          Quorthon (Bathory)
                          Celtic Frost
                          New York Dolls
                          Ghost
                          Immortal
                          Mayhem
                          Robert Smith (The Cure)
                          Dani Filth (Cradle of Filth)
                          Behemoth

I realize that a lot of these are pretty niche and are unlikely to happen, but a lot of these have had some toys and merch made already, so you never know.

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jan 22, 2018

1000% with this!
                            🦇👍🏻🦇
                            https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• Psykodelik Vampyre
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jan 22, 2018

Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Police, A more accurate Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Original Van Halen, Cream, The Doors, Janis Joplin, Blues Legends (Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, etc.), Johnny Cash, not rockers also I’d love to see famous Classical Music and Jazz Icons...hey I can only ask, eh?
                              🦇😁🦇
                              https://www.reverbnation.com/psykodelikvampyres

Comment

• Iron Mego
                                Wake Up Heavy
                                • Jan 31, 2010

DEVO!!
                                Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                😀