Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Pattinson’s Batman gets HBO Max spinoff?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Robert Pattinson’s Batman gets HBO Max spinoff?

Well it seems that the Robert Pattinson The Batman is working with HBO Max to develop a TV series about the Gotham PD that will tie into the movieverse.

Now this could work but after Gotham I am just now sure about this.

HBO Max officially announced today that Reeves is developing a TV show spinoff for The Batman that will be about the Gotham PD. Reeves is producing the new series, which has Boardwalk Empire creator Terence Winter attached to write and executive produce the show. The show has received a full series commitment by HBO Max and is confirmed to take place in the same universe as The Batman. Reeves issued the following statement about the announcement:

This is an amazing opportunity, not only to expand the vision of the world I am creating in the film, but to explore it in the kind of depth and detail that only a longform format can afford — and getting to work with the incredibly talented Terence Winter, who has written so insightfully and powerfully about worlds of crime and corruption, is an absolute dream.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

guess they don't want to see if this Batman sticks first.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Might want to see how all this is going to shake out first.

Also, Disney Plus is giving us series with actual stars of the MCU films like Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Wanda Vision. Another "Gotham" type show seems kind of weak sauce by comparison, in the "Streaming Wars".

But who knows, it may be good...and it may never get made, either.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

From what I'm hearing,HBO Max is turning into a dud. So,maybe they figure what have they got to lose?

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

I think all of this is Abrams. The multiverse fits Abrams. It allows to do crazy things with no consequences. Reeves is a Bad Robot guy, so he's naturally going to be in concert with them. So you expand on Gotham while bringing back Keaton for Batman Beyond....which is the same territory but in a different direction.

Look at Cloverfield. It really wasn't a "connected Universe". It's an anthology with a connected point that kinds/sorta makes sense even if the end product wasn't the original intention. You can see a similar idea by turning DC in a multiverse playground. It's Bizarro MCU. It's all connected, but not really.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

And what is HBO Max doing with Affleck's Batman? They signed him to a deal didn't they?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

^ I saw a headline alluding to that. My best guess is WB wants to make good so they gave him an overall deal where if he wants to do his Batman movie, he can. That would be the one he wrote with Terrio and Joe Manga is Deathstroke. That was pretty far along in development.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

I have no intention to get HBO Max till they start up with new DC shows. Then again I have stack of DC Universe shows that I haven't had the chance to watch yet and I just got Netfilx (thanks to TMobile) and have even more comic book tv so watch there.

Also Update:

Matt Reeves' The Batman spinoff TV show focusing on Gotham PD will reportedly take place before Robert Pattinson's first solo movie. The show is being written by Boardwalk Empire creator Terence Winter and is confirmed to take place in the same universe as The Batman. But, when it takes place might not be when some fans expected. the TV show can be used to give audiences a better understanding of the state of Gotham, the police force, and maybe even specific characters.
                Last edited by monitor_ep; Jul 11, '20, 10:36 PM.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^So...Gotham...which just went off last year.

Sigh...why can't someone just do a Batman TV series? If both Keaton and Pattinson are going to be running around as the character at cinemas (remember those?)...why can't we get a live-action, honest-to-goodness BATMAN series? We haven't had one since 1968.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

Gotham went to far as a Pre-Batman show. Most of those characters should have never appeared much less as adults. If the Gotham PD were to focus on the crime bosses that rule the Gotham underworld.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡