X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    Aesthetically the 6" Classified Joes may stray too far from tradition for some folks, but I don't know how you can argue with their overall quality.
    Coming from a die hard 3 3/4 RAH collector, this Destro is insane. The sculpts, paint, articulation and engineering are all top notch. This is a quality figure.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
      Coming from a die hard 3 3/4 RAH collector, this Destro is insane. The sculpts, paint, articulation and engineering are all top notch. This is a quality figure.

I'm with you...that figure is just about as perfect as can be.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, Hasbro may be putting more effort into their 6" lines...but so what? That's where the action figure field is right now, just like it was 3.75" in the 80s. They are doing excellent work in this scale, at a price point that is a fourth of some of the "boutique" companies, with very little difference in quality in some cases.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

^Yeah, Hasbro may be putting more effort into their 6" lines...but so what? That's where the action figure field is right now,
          I would speculate that it was the success of the 6 inch Classified series that allowed Hasbro to take the chance at bringing back 3 3/4 inch.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

And now Retro Blasting weighs in:

This is the first video I've watched from him in many, many months. It's surprisingly calm. He gets a bit irate and frothy about Hasbro, but he's definitely dialed it back, and honestly seems less honked off than Tony at Analog Toys was.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

This is the first video I've watched from him in many, many months. It's surprisingly calm. He gets a bit irate and frothy about Hasbro, but he's definitely dialed it back, and honestly seems less honked off than Tony at Analog Toys was.

Chris
              Oh wow, i avoided this figuring it might be shouty, now I want to hear his take.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Disappointed in Analog toys. I've always enjoyed their videos. I don't have the patience for another Retro Blasting Hasbro rage fest.

It's a good time to be GI JOE fan right now. Classified is a success and 3 3/4 inch is coming back. Fans have already found the listings for a third wave of 3 3/4 inch in Walmart's computer listings. Plus there is the Operation Blackout videogame coming for Xbox One, PS4 and Switch in October. Not going to let some nerd rage bring me down.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

LOL GI Joe 25th was the most successful version of GI Joe since the original line. Hasbro still has the molds for all those figures. This was a no brainer and the RIGHT decision. Anyone who thinks otherwise, is silly.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^I get the argument it should have been true retro rereleases, especially with Star Wars, Ghostbusters, and Transformers doing the same. I also get the secondary argument that if they were going to go with 25th anniversary figures, they should have went with the versions that actually matched the original vintage releases, i.e. goggles Snake-Eyes and short-sleeved Storm Shadow.

But I don't understand why anyone expected so much from a limited, store-exclusive run of figures. It is indeed very phoned in, but why were expectations so high to begin with? How often have store exclusive lines been overly impressive?

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

I wanted O-ring reissues too but I also realize the differences are that Transformers is an absolute sales juggernaut and Takara still had all the molds. Ghostbusters was getting the new movie push and simple 5POA figures are a lot cheaper to do. It would be a lot risker and more expensive to recreate all the missing molds and parts for a proper O-ring line. It still don't rule one out eventually. Maybe for the RAH 40th anniversary in 2022.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

I'll wait for Toy Polloi to chime in. Dave doesn't seem to get worked up like everyone else.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                          I'll wait for Toy Polloi to chime in. Dave doesn't seem to get worked up like everyone else.
                          I've never seen him get pre-mad about something and only review toys when he actually has them in hand.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

I've seen both of his Retro Star Wars reviews. That to me is how you should do it. He doesn't like the way they did the cards and doesn't like the choice of Lando,Han and Leia in Wave 2 but he doesn't get all bent out of shape over it.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

He presented a good argument here and at no point did I think it was over the top. Nice one.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

A third wave of three retro figures has been found in Walmart listings. They are listed by code names so far. Two of the code names match up with Duke and Cobra Commander from Classified with the third figure in the wave being unknown so far.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎