X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

What's up with International shipping?

Hi, Been out of the loop with overseas buying since Covid. Is Europe taking extra long? For me in the past about 7-16 days England/Europe to be in my hands. Now sometimes I have experienced delays for customs ect. I have a package sitting for 9 days in customs in Chicago. Been about 20 days since mailed. New Normal?
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

oh yes! Covid delays.

I ordered a couple of books from Japan on Feb 25. They arrived on Saturday. Delays are going to be bad for a long while. I have another parcel sitting in customs since June 20. For parts of my hobby I have to order overseas, so I've just had to accept this new shopping expectation.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Probably has to sit in an isolation area in customs until a predetermined amount of time has passed when the virus (if carried in the package) will be dead

If I was Europe, i'd be more worried about packages coming from the USA

Comment

• justzeg18
        Career Member
        • May 5, 2003

I've been waiting on a package from Thailand since mid March.
        U.S.-side tracking paused at "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment", Thailand-side tracking says it's been on the boat since the beginning of May.

Hell, I don't think I've had a single domestic package get to me in less than 7 days.

Unfortunately, I'm thinking it's the new normal.

Comment

• ToyTalk
          Career Member
          • Mar 25, 2020

I purchased a book that took 3 weeks to arrive. So yep, I would say that Covid has affected shipping pretty hard.
          Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Heck I had a priority package I sent and it took 7 days domestic to California
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I bought a bunch of stuff from Entertainment Earth on May 23, on the 24th, it went to LAX. On June 23rd, I got a notice it was getting on a plane (I had largely assumed it was stolen), on July 3rd, I got it. A day later I got a second item I ordered on June 5th. Things are messed up right now.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Meule
                Verbose Member
                • Nov 14, 2004

Had to wait two months on a package from CTVT
                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Meule
                  Had to wait two months on a package from CTVT
                  That's the only company that oddly got stuff to me in 5-7 days during all of this. i guess there were more shipment between Florida and Toronto than the rest of the country.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

I've had bits coming from all over the planet during the shutdown with varied results… amazingly, somehow anything from China gets here incredibly fast, faster than domestic priority. Japan, Southeast Asia, and Europe have all been slow. Mexico is just always slow.

Prices are up across the globe too and from what Ive read, staying higher and going higher.
                    Last edited by Confessional; Jul 10, '20, 9:26 AM. Reason: …changed world!

Comment

• Neutron X
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 22, 2007

Thanks guys!!!! I thought it was just me. It sounds like this might be the new normal at least for a while. Hopefully these delays are helping to slow down Covid. Looks like I should be patient and expect delays.

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Definitely not just you.

I ordered a CD from Sweden in April and it took a month and a half to get to Canada. I think things are getting a bit better, I ordered an album from Poland last month and it only took slightly more than a week to get to me. I think it depends on the countries involved too (and their postal system). I know some folks that ordered stuff from Japan and experienced very long delays.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

My recent experiences from Britain have been good. I just ordered a 1/6 piece of clothing from China, we'll see...
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toyhunter1970
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 24, 2020

I aint ordering anything from overseas unless i want wait a couple of months lol

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

I ordered something from Japan in March, did not receive it until the middle of June.
                              Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎