X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Sears Mountain Base for GI Joe RAH Looks Familiar

Just saw this posted innthe FB Joburg group. This looks a lot like the Mego PH Batcave to me...
    Screenshot_20200705-193749_Facebook.jpg
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^I think I remember reading the mold for the Batcave was picked up by some other company after Mego went under, and used here, and maybe a few other places.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Here's the catalog page. it was from Penneys. Neat looking playset. It was called Military Command HQ. it wasn't an official RAH playset.

Here’s the first offering of the Real American Hero line in the JC Penney Christmas Catalog. I find these catalog shots fascinating for several reasons: the often missing or incorrectly assem…
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Sears (and other catalogs) were really good about selling generic playsets and vehicles as parts of established toy lines. I bought the "Super Powers" vehicle on this page, thinking it was a legit part of the Kenner line. It wasn't.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎