X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boba-rett
    Museum Patron
    • Feb 13, 2017

Custom Retro 8-inch Mego Style "GI Joe: A Real American Hero", ROCK'N'ROLL

This is a previous custom. I made some changes from dessert camo to green and got a more appropriate gun.

• PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Nice--I like the green tones. Could you share the origin of the vinyl vest?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Boba-rett
      Museum Patron
      • Feb 13, 2017

Dude, I've been trying to figure out where I got that vest from myself!! I found it in a bin of mine. I will check but something tells me it comes from those Mattel WWE Build-A-Wrestler packs that KMart used to have.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Boba-rett
        Dude, I've been trying to figure out where I got that vest from myself!! I found it in a bin of mine. I will check but something tells me it comes from those Mattel WWE Build-A-Wrestler packs that KMart used to have.
        I bet you're right! I bought some of those for wings, etc. Thank you and keep these coming--I'd love to see you do Zartan.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Boba-rett
          Museum Patron
          • Feb 13, 2017

The vest came off of a WWE Mattel Randy Orton "Tribute to the Troops". It looks pretty easy to still get on ebay. And, yes, I've been thinking about Zartan. The FTC Lex head would look pretty sweet!

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

He looks awesome, job well done
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Man, you are killing these!!!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Looks great.