Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else anxious for the DC characters??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Anybody else anxious for the DC characters??

I have to admit that I am on tenterhooks waiting for them to FINALLY arrive! It seems like forever since they were announced, and then the COVID hooey threw everything into chaos.

I don’t want to come off as being cold towards all those who have been affected by this: I’m not.

One of my coworkers passed from COVID and he was a young guy in his thirties. He was a fairly laid back dude, who was funny as heck sometimes and very good at his job.

It’s just that we all need a little happiness in our lives now, don’t you think?

I’m not saying that these figures are the key to all happiness, but maybe they can boost it a little?
    JediJaida
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Covid ain't done with us humans yet.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

I kind of figured that.

I really hate this COVID garbage. It’s made so many people utterly miserable, put them out of work, and our political system is now on the express train to perdition.
      JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
        I kind of figured that.

I really hate this COVID garbage. It’s made so many people utterly miserable, put them out of work, and our political system is now on the express train to perdition.
        you're lucky, seems most New Yorkers are science based. Fla is determined to kill itself.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I'm very excited to see what Mego has in store for the DC characters. What I saw at Mego Meet looked great, and I have a good feeling the quality and price point of these will in no way disappoint.

And there's nothing wrong with looking for some rays of sunshine in the current crapstorm we're all living in.
          sigpic

Comment

• fun guy
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 24, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I'm very excited to see what Mego has in store for the DC characters. What I saw at Mego Meet looked great, and I have a good feeling the quality and price point of these will in no way disappoint.

And there's nothing wrong with looking for some rays of sunshine in the current crapstorm we're all living in.
            Yeah,i see what you mean.I Hope to see very soon what mego has in store for the DC Comics characters.

Comment

• VulcansFury
              Museum Patron
              • Mar 6, 2014

Sadly, not as enthusiastic as before. Covid has me reevaluating a lot of things including spending money. I live in LA and in store shopping is a bigger pain now than before. If its a store exclusive that I cant order online easily at cost then my interest plummits. I think I'm done with in store toy hunting, and just casually browse now, no more multiple store toy runs or am rush for store opening. The only interest I have left will be if they are classic DC designs and not these modern over-designed uniforms.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 23, 2008

I am really excited for the Harley since her look is something we haven't seen yet and judging by the design on the box we will finally get a white female body!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

For me, because they seem to modern versions, I’m excited at the possibility of young people wanting them instead of us old farts. I’d love nothing more than to see a child geek out over a new mego Superman. (Who am I kidding; more like Batman).
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                    For me, because they seem to modern versions, I’m excited at the possibility of young people wanting them instead of us old farts. I’d love nothing more than to see a child geek out over a new mego Superman. (Who am I kidding; more like Batman).

Unfortunately, kids today are so spoiled that toys don't seem to keep them occupied anymore. Most younger kids I know either cling to Apple products/technology or they are into legos, etc. I remember all I wanted for Christmas growing up was a GI Joe doll and my family was well off. Now middle-income families are buying their kids ipads and computers for the holidays lol

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

I can’t put down the kids. If I was a kid now, I would be SOOOO much more into video games and whatnot than playing with dolls.
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

My kids were big into action figures, but of course they were all around them too. Seems like kids DO like actual toys, but they leave them behind much earlier than we did.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 2, 2002

That’s accurate. They also don’t play quite as much with them. My kids were into them but it just never seemed quite the same.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                            Unfortunately, kids today are so spoiled that toys don't seem to keep them occupied anymore. Most younger kids I know either cling to Apple products/technology or they are into legos, etc. I remember all I wanted for Christmas growing up was a GI Joe doll and my family was well off. Now middle-income families are buying their kids ipads and computers for the holidays lol
                            Not my kids. They were just playing with my Super Powers guys yesterday. Happy my kids at 14 and 11 aren’t those ones nose down staring at a screen and still appreciate playing.
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Spyweb007
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 18, 2006

I have to be honest, most of the kids I grew up with in the 70's did not have Mego or Star Wars or GI Joe toys. I had one friend who played with myine with me, but even he had none himself. The other kids weren't even interested.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎