X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome Things on eBay this week

Mork Bubble Gum in a plastic egg- I vividly remember when these hit my town and watching kids in the schoolyard playing with those eggs like they were space ships.

Spider-Man Fun Poncho by Ben Cooper- We're in the middle of a heatwave here, I can't really put draping yourself in unbreathing PVC under the umbrella of "Fun" but to each their own....

1976 Kenner Toys Catalog- You may have figured out that I collect old toy catalogs, you're very perceptive if you have. This Kenner from 1976 is full of awesome, iconic Six Million Dollar Man items and is an excellent price to start you on your way.

GI Joe Super Adventure Team Colorforms Set- I think this might be one of my favorite colorforms sets of all time, mainly because it celebrates the brief teaming of Bulletman, Joe and Atomic Man.

Moonraker Book and Tape Set- What the heck is this? It was released in 1985, long after Moonraker and I'm curious it retells the movie or the book's story (which is totally different). Gah, I wanna know.....

Like Mego Knock-Offs? Join our Facebook group dedicated today, it's an intimate group that focuses just on vintage toys: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Megoknockoff/

THREE MORE DAYS TO BUY TOY-VENTURES MAGAZINE AND GET EXCLUSIVE MONSTER BUTTONS!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

That GI Joe colorforms set is amazing, I didn't know it existed. When I was a kid I had the older Adventure Team colorforms, no Atomic Man, Bullet Man or Intruders. Now I feel ripped off.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I have that Spidey poncho (minus mask). I got it at a rummage sale in the mid-80s. It's somehow survived, and now helps to cover my comic long boxes.

I didn't have any of that Mork candy, oddly enough, buy my Mom's L'eggs pantyhose containers made great replacement spaceships!

Atomic Man and Bullet Man on that Colorforms packaging are swiped from two Superman drawings: Neal Adams and Curt Swan!

The Adams drawing is this one:

I know the Swan drawing, but darn if I could find it online. It's that same pose of Superman from the side, "curling" as he flies up.

Kids Stuff did a LOT of Book/Record/Tape releases in the mid-80s. They basically replaced Power Records, although their books usually had storybook type art, not comics. Their early stuff (like some MOTU releases I own) was just black and white line-art! Moonraker IS an odd choice.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Obibob
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jul 27, 2007

Funny, the SMDM/BW art on the '76 Kenner catalog looks more like Farrah Fawcett than Lindsay Wagner? I wonder if that was intentional?

Comment

• Jason73
          Correctamundo!
          • Jan 11, 2009

I had the Super Man Fun Poncho with hood and mask. It wore it for Halloween. Such a strange getup.
          Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Luckily that moonraker tape was uploaded https://youtu.be/TWM0m9ppBHM

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
              Career Member
              • May 14, 2007

I don't remember ever seeing the Mork Bubble Gum around here but I do remember the trading cards.
              Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

Wow I have not seen any of these before.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡