Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spiderman on a skinny body/ Best place to get repo Marvel?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

Spiderman on a skinny body/ Best place to get repo Marvel?

Has anyone tried to convert a mego Spider-man onto a new FTC Skinny body? Also can anyone steer me in the right direction for the best place to get rep Marvel stuff? I remember a while back there were places to get body suits but I can't seem to find it anymore.

I wish we had something like FTC does for DC for Marvel... :(
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Do you own a skinny body yet? If not, I would recommend you buy one and "audition" it.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Do you own a skinny body yet? If not, I would recommend you buy one and "audition" it.
      Oh no... not very good quality? lol

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I like some of the FTC bodies, and they can be restrung to be better. But I found the skinny and deluxe muscle bodies to be problematic, just my opinion. I wouldn't want you to go all gung-ho on Spidey and then find the body unsuitable.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I like some of the FTC bodies, and they can be restrung to be better. But I found the skinny and deluxe muscle bodies to be problematic, just my opinion. I wouldn't want you to go all gung-ho on Spidey and then find the body unsuitable.
          I appreciate that... also not sure how the suit would fit anyway.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

It's likely that a vintage suit can be taken in to fit a female or skinny body.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

for body suits, if you mean silk screened superhero suits, you can check ebay. brian leitner has a bunch up for sale now, although the may all be DC. if you just want different colored suits, CTVT has them, and Dr Mego has them

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                for body suits, if you mean silk screened superhero suits, you can check ebay. brian leitner has a bunch up for sale now, although the may all be DC. if you just want different colored suits, CTVT has them, and Dr Mego has them
                Yeah I am specifically looking for Marvel because FTC did a decent job getting out all their characters. I am really looking for a repo spidey suit... something that is clean and new looking.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

then the DST set is probably your best bet unless you can find an original on ebay

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                    then the DST set is probably your best bet unless you can find an original on ebay
                    Yeah thats what I figured. I could swear there used to be an abundance of people who did repo screenprinted suits but oh well.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎