X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Type 2 AA CTVT and Castaway/ZICA Comparison

I received the new Type-S Brown body from CTVT, which, as expected, is a lighter skin tone than the original version.

Type S AA Bodies.jpg
    CTVT / Zica

I haven't compared the lighter CTVT version to Black Vulcan, but I am curious to see if the head matches the body, so I can possibly do a swap. Disappointed that no extra hands came with it. Pretty sure the Caucasian bodies still included the extra hands. I hope Black Lightning comes on this body, even though I think the comic original costume version would look better on the darker body. I need to check to see if the skin tone matches the Famous Cover Falcon.

I still have three (or four?) of the original bodies left, which I hope to use one for a Falcon, if I can find a decent Mego head for it.
    Last edited by TRDouble; Jun 30, '20, 7:02 PM. Reason: Type-S, not Type 2
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Post pics when yer done. I swapped my Black Vulcan to a new Mego body (Ali). What’s your plan for his gloves?
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

I will re-use the hero plug-in gloves that Black Vulcan comes with. I like them and I've become good at swapping them into Type-S bodies. I wish I could find an easy method to swap the hero plug-in boots, but luckily, I don't need to for Black Vulcan.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

The biggest thing I hate about Mego repros are the lack of diversity and the way they do AA bodies and headsculpts. Uhura was on of my favorite headsculpts and that was in the 70s.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TRDouble
          I will re-use the hero plug-in gloves that Black Vulcan comes with. I like them and I've become good at swapping them into Type-S bodies. I wish I could find an easy method to swap the hero plug-in boots, but luckily, I don't need to for Black Vulcan.
          I used a standard FTC hero boot part that goes on the FTC body with a ftc wrist joint part to plug into the Type s body along with the ftc pin
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            I used a standard FTC hero boot part that goes on the FTC body with a ftc wrist joint part to plug into the Type s body along with the ftc pin
            That's what I did for my '66 Batman and Robin conversions, but somehow I screwed it all up when I was trying to convert Hawkman. I think I used the wrong piece and I can't get it out now.

I have some time next week to try again. I really would like to finish Hawkman so I can add him to my shelf.

Thanks!

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
              The biggest thing I hate about Mego repros are the lack of diversity and the way they do AA bodies and headsculpts. Uhura was on of my favorite headsculpts and that was in the 70s.
              agreed! It's like they don't know we (customizers of color) exist, or only care enough to make things as cheaply as possible.

The fact that they aren't offering extra hands for the AA Type-S kinda smacks what Jason and Dave did with these: ultimate customization without the hassle.

I plan on buying one just to see if it is dyable like the original Type-S bodies....the caucasian type-s hands are dyable to darker colors, and you can make black, choc brown, and midnight blue very easy.
              Same with the original Caucasian Type S Bodies. So we'll see....
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                Post pics when yer done. I swapped my Black Vulcan to a new Mego body (Ali). What’s your plan for his gloves?
                I did a comparison and Black Vulcan matches up better with Ali than with the new Brown Type-S body, which is a shade darker. I was so busy trying to see if any bodies matched up with the Famous Cover Falcon that I never even though of using Ali for Black Vulcan. And since I have extra Ali figures and a Black Vulcan head to experiment with, I will be making that swap. Did Black Vulcan's costume fit well on the Ali body?

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by darkbros
                  agreed! It's like they don't know we (customizers of color) exist, or only care enough to make things as cheaply as possible.

The fact that they aren't offering extra hands for the AA Type-S kinda smacks what Jason and Dave did with these: ultimate customization without the hassle.

I plan on buying one just to see if it is dyable like the original Type-S bodies....the caucasian type-s hands are dyable to darker colors, and you can make black, choc brown, and midnight blue very easy.
                  Same with the original Caucasian Type S Bodies. So we'll see....
                  I can't believe out of all the heads they repainted, they used the invisible woman head... not only that but they didn't even make her eyes dark. If we could get one decent AA woman sculpt with an afro or natural hair I would be happy and shut up!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎